Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anyone gone cold turkey off HRT?  (Read 2858 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Re: Anyone gone cold turkey off HRT?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2020, 11:09:11 AM »

Thank you Michellemabelle. I really shouldn't have gone cold turkey like that. I do know I would be feeling pretty awful regardless following the diagnosis. But this is beyond normal anxiety (which I'm familiar with) I know this is the vile 'lack of oestrogen' anxiety. It's dangerous, frankly and leads to suicidal thoughts. I can't go there again.

Have been in touch with the lovely Diane Dzibranik (sp?) and she's getting some expert advice for me. She understands totally because her peri menopause drove her to suicide, I think.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2020, 01:24:08 PM »

Well done!  See you are NOT weak! you are being proactive which will help others.  Not enough is discussed about mental health anyway, add menopause to the mix and it can be a mine field.

The other group that helped me during my bad hormonal upheavals was the National Association for Pre-menstrual Syndrome [NAPS].  Might be worth asking there too?

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2020, 03:22:47 PM »

Good luck GRL- I know these feelings. Mine were made worse by the HRT for quite a long time and moving to a continuous progesterone. Norethisterone is a real nasty as far as I was concerned.

Maybe you can try reducing your dosage to see how you go? My thoughts are with you x

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2020, 04:01:34 PM »

In the early hours I did consider suggesting a PM to Dr Currie.  Let us know if you get a good result!

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2020, 05:28:11 PM »

Thank you Michelle, yes there's no reason why I can't work toward reducing my HRT in time. But clearly, at 49 my body/mind just needs it too much.

Interestingly, I have just read that you CAN take Tamoxifen alongside HRT because Tamoxifen only binds to the receptors in the breast tissue. The rest of your body benefits from it.

Kirsty Lang did a fascinating podcast with Liz Earle about how she takes HRT + Tamoxifen after having ER+ carcinoma.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2020, 05:32:39 PM »

Tnx.  Another discussion on the list GRL  ::). You'll be a Mine of Info after all this  :tulips2:

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2020, 06:38:06 PM »

You're welcome CLKD

In the same podcast they discuss the latest studies which show that cutting out alcohol and doing 40 mins of exercise per day is equally as protective against breast disease returning as taking Tamoxifen!

So I intend seeing how I go on Tamoxifen + we're going to order an exercise bike. So a two pronged defense.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2020, 06:54:04 PM »

Get exercising sooner rather than later ;-).  I gave our tread mill away  ;D.  Swimming is supposedly good too but I can't be bothered to get undressed and I HATE standing in changing rooms where others have been  :-\

dangermouse

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2020, 03:35:07 PM »

So sorry to hear about your diagnosis GRL, how are you feeling now?

Hopefully not long to wait now for your surgery.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2020, 04:06:25 PM »

Morning!  Well, it is somewhere in the World  ::)

Jari

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2020, 09:25:31 AM »

Hi GRL. How are you doing?

I'm sorry to hear what you are going through.

I have estrogen receptive BC in my family and my GP therefore point blank refused it for me.

I did get hold of it via a private meno man though, but it did not suit me at all. I came off it after nearly 3 months. That was immediately and I had no problems coming off it.

Hot flushes etc returned a bit after a couple of months, but I must say I don't miss it at all. My M symptoms have just got less and less since.

How long were you taking hrt for? X
Pages: 1 [2]