Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Face feels tight  (Read 852 times)

jaynej

Face feels tight
« on: January 31, 2020, 01:54:59 PM »

Hi all,
So this is a weird one I thought I would share.  Since experiencing more serious peri symptoms over the last few weeks (and realising from what's on this forum that it's probably been creeping up on me for at least a year), I have noticed that the skin on my face constantly feels weird.

The skin isn't pink and it doesn't relate to flushing... my face isn't warm but it is just very slightly tingly.  It feels the same as when you get the sun on your face and in the night time when the heat has worn off your skin feels a bit 'tighter'.

Does anyone else experience this.  It's not causing any problems, it just feels weird so I thought I would share!

Cheers chicks!!  J. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Face feels tight
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 02:45:23 PM »

Yep.  The cheek beneath my L eye feels tight like it's had a local anaesthetic injection  ::).  It felt like that be4 I read the thread  ;).  I have a background headache over my eyes.  Like I'm too tired to be out of bed  ..........

jaynej

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 04:30:08 PM »

Thanks Ladies - always, as ever, nice to know that I am not the only one who's body is playing tricks.  Just another weird symptom of womanhood.... oh joy.

xxx

jaycee

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 11:38:23 PM »

I also get this, but in my case i put it down to having Bells Palsy on that side a few years ago, sometimes i can actually feel it tighten, especially under stress

Dierdre

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 12:46:02 PM »

Think you need to invest in some really good moisturisor, when my skin feels tight its because its dry and dehydrated. I have to use a good body lotion also everyday after showering, hand cream, foot cream etc. Everything is so dry!