Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Estrogel with torquoise cap query  (Read 6882 times)

Hurdity

Re: Estrogel with torquoise cap query
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2020, 10:53:51 PM »

Bzzzzzz!!!!

No point in getting paranoid or stressing Bobody - symptoms will come and go all the time for various reasons and especially as gel absorption may well vary for different reasons too.

I do hope your symptoms lessen though and if you try patches - good luck - I answered on your other thread!

Sleep well and here's to a good day tomorrow :)

Hurdity x

Bobidy

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2020, 11:07:51 PM »

Thanks, you're right I know x

Jeepers

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2020, 07:23:15 AM »

Hi Bobidy

Not trying to be devils advocate here, but I had a return of symptoms when I was given Oestrodose.  when I got given the gel, I didn't think anything of it.  But my symptoms did return.  I perservered for a few weeks, but in the end I abandoned the cannister, and managed to get some OEstrogel from the private clinic.  Going back to that I bounced back, and it was if I had gone from zero to 3 pumps in a day, and all of the side effects that brought with it.

I didn't try upping the oestrodose, so I would be interested to see how that works out for you.

Getting Oestrogel on NHS is getting harder and harder.  The last script I got filled was a different box/container again, one I've never seen before, but I don't think its the "original" oestrogel

Jeepers xx

bear

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2020, 08:02:19 PM »

Hi girls,

Thank you Nairncat, MIS71MUM and Bobidy.

Oestrogel is manufactured FOR Besins by a big French CDMO (contract development and manufacturer organisation) called Delpharm. Besins sold its Drogenbos (Belgium) manufacturing plant in 2012 to Delpharm who took over the production of Oestrogel under a multi-year manufacturing contract (7 years, to be confirmed). If I'm right this contract has ended in 2019 and something must have changed, but what exactly is a big mystery.

If the new Oestrogel is really more like the old Oestrodose, it's important to keep a diary reporting symptoms. The Oestrogel UK website has a printable diary and also a survey, so it's obvious that they are interested in your experience and opinion.

BeaR.

Jeepers

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2020, 10:15:39 PM »

Thank you Bear

That's really useful and constructive information, I?ll check that out

Jeepers xx

Tinkerbell

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2020, 10:20:09 PM »

I have had the new Oestrogel shaped bottle for a couple of months and haven't had a return of symptoms, but the times i have used Oestrodose i have. I just go to an independant chemist now and they order in what i prefer.

bear

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2020, 10:34:20 PM »

Thank you Bear

That's really useful and constructive information, I?ll check that out

Jeepers xx

You're welcome, Jeepers.

BeaR.

bear

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2020, 10:36:20 PM »

I have had the new Oestrogel shaped bottle for a couple of months and haven't had a return of symptoms, but the times i have used Oestrodose i have. I just go to an independant chemist now and they order in what i prefer.

Hi Tinkerbell,

Very interesting. I guess there will be only one version available from now on, probably no more parallel imported Oestrodose.

BeaR.

Hurdity

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2020, 11:26:54 AM »

Hi there everyone - I did in the end write to Besins (about issues to do with the new packaging and also raised here) because of questions posed and because I was in correspondence with them before.

Here is their response (received this morning) to what I asked:

1 I asked whether oestrogel had been reformulated recently.

"No reformulation has occurred. Each batch of product is required to pass tests for both consistency and viscosity (runiness). These specifications have not changed and the product cannot be released to market if the parameters are not met."

2 I asked about Delpharm, and the source of raw ingredients ? whether this has changed.

"The manufacturing site BMB-Delpharm at Drogenbos is, and has always been the manufacturer of Oestrogel. All raw materials used are manufactured against strict specifications which are tested prior to use. There have been no changes to these specifications nor to the source of these raw materials. Site of manufacture is always available in the Patient Information Leaflet"

3 I asked about Brexit and whether it would affect the supply of oestrogel to UK, as well as parallel importation.

"The company does not anticipate any changes in the supply of Oestrogel into the UK market post Brexit. Parallel importation is matter of law and pricing which are largely outside the control of the company."

My questions were lengthier and more specific than I have given above but just to summarise the broad nature of each question.

I hope this helps answers the queries about the new packaging especially.

Hurdity x

Dotty

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2020, 11:59:04 AM »

Thanks Hurdity. Very interesting.

Did they say why they have changed the packaging.... new bottle and bigger box? X

Bobidy

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2020, 12:06:04 PM »

Hi

I wrote to them too and they assured me nothing had changed, all the QA checks they do etc etc.

Dr Newson did say that some of her other ladies are saying the same thing though which still makes me wonder, but nevermind.

I have to assume it's just my own oestrogen levels dropping off post hysterectomy.

I've gradually increased to 7 pumps (a 100 patch and 3 pumps) and feel great on that plus Androfemme so for me it was just a matter of increasing, which Dr Newson was happy with.

Hurdity

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2020, 01:48:42 PM »

Thanks Hurdity. Very interesting.

Did they say why they have changed the packaging.... new bottle and bigger box? X

Hi Dotty - I didn't ask them that because it was the actual gel women were asking and speculating about. The packaging is irrelevant really (thinking about our food and every product we buy and eat - usually just a fashion/design thing!). Their answers actually don't surprise me - especially regarding reformulation. (They previously answered about the amount dispensed per pump and this is also subject to strict regulations re parallel importing - the dose would have to be the same even if the outer bottle was different.)

Bobidy - excellent that you're feeling great - I think you've had BSO as well as full hyster? That's what matters especially in your position when you don't have to worry about prog in the slightest!

Hurdity x

Dotty

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2020, 02:16:19 PM »

Hi Hurdity yes I suppose you?re right about the packaging not mattering 😄. But I can understand how the change in packaging can cause panic (I panicked when I saw it ).... I've been very happy on Oestrogel but the thought of it being changed or being different panicked me as I cannot go back to where I was before using Oestrogel. I know that is stupid and irrational but that's how I felt.

I've been using 2 pumps from the old bottles and 2 pumps from the new at the same time and fingers crossed I haven't noticed a difference . X

Hurdity

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2020, 10:39:26 PM »

Dotty - not at all stupid or irrational and your concerns were completely understandable. What I meant was that it wasn't really relevant to my questioning of Besins ie the why's and wherefores because I was keeping to a scientific tone if you see what I mean?! Glad you are OK :)

Hurdity x

Tinkerbell

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2020, 10:59:24 PM »

Dotty...i felt a panic when i saw the new shape bottle so can relate, but it is the same, i have used it for several weeks and have been fine. I do have a bit of a blip with the VA at the moment but i do get that every few months anyway.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4