Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: How long should I give it  (Read 1056 times)

Baby

How long should I give it
« on: January 23, 2020, 07:50:50 PM »

How long should I give it.been on everol conti now since 5 November and am no further forward.absolute terrible mood swings. Can go from feeling quite good to 40 minutes later having a panic attack. Tired and the last couple of days am having hot flashes again. Doc thinks I should give it longer? Help.x :(

Mogster71

Re: How long should I give it
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 08:00:47 PM »

Oh bless you :(

I think they say you should give it 3 months on a regime so you're almost there - if you feel it isn't right for you then I would go back and talk to your doctor again. That way, if they can try you on something else you can go straight onto it without a gap.

Hope you can find something that works for you x

Ladybt28

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 08:04:12 PM »

yep 3 months is the usual time but somehow you know yourself if you are starting to get the odd day where it's working which helps you decide to crack on, but it doesn't sound like that has happened for you.  Did Doc give you any indication how long they think you should stick it?

Baby

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 08:10:01 PM »

Got an appointment next week cos I have done a 24 hour urine collection to check my adrenals. He said he wants to see the outcome of that first. Been reading about oestrogen dominance maybe I have that, I dunno just fed up.my life is on hold. I have maybe one or one half days I feel relatively normal.x

Mogster71

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 08:23:24 PM »

Hi Baby
I felt this when I tried my first lost of HRT, managed 2 months but the bad days were outweighing the good. I felt great on the next regime for the next few months but then my headaches crept back in so I've moved to oestrogen patch and utrogestan regime only yesterday. I think using separates seems to be a lot easier to tweak, if you go by many ladies' posts, so I remain hopeful!

Don't give up, I'm sure there will be something that works x

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 09:50:53 PM »

How long should I give it.been on everol conti now since 5 November and am no further forward.absolute terrible mood swings. Can go from feeling quite good to 40 minutes later having a panic attack. Tired and the last couple of days am having hot flashes again. Doc thinks I should give it longer? Help.x :(
Full patches or halves? I was told to  start with halves but they did nothing.  Noticed first improvement after 3 weeks on full.

Baby

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2020, 09:52:52 PM »

Full patches from day one

melrose

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2020, 11:10:26 PM »

Hi baby, I was the same as you, only managed 10 weeks, doctor told me to stop my hrt straight away, this was on the 9th Jan. Since stopping have felt brighter, happier and sleeping better, even though my symptoms have returned they are not so bad and with the amount of reading I have done on this forum I don't worry so much now, I just take each day as it comes 😁