Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Really high oestrogen should I stop HRT?  (Read 905 times)

Peacegirl

Really high oestrogen should I stop HRT?
« on: January 11, 2020, 09:39:30 AM »

Hi,
I know blood tests aren't entirely reliable because of fluctuations but should i be worried about how high my estrogen level is here and how do i stop HRT?

Results
Oestradiol X >11010 pmol/L
(Range: < 100)

(I did a private blood test because of concerns around estrogen potentially blocking free T4)

Hurdity

Re: Really high oestrogen should I stop HRT?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 09:47:39 AM »

Hi Peacegirl - I think that is an error. That would be the sort of levels in late pregnancy. Please check the print-out and query with your GP or whoever did the test - get the practice to contact the lab maybe? Sometimes abnormal results might be obtained eg if blood taken from the place you apply the gel but even so this is wrong I am sure.

Hurdity x

Peacegirl

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 10:12:25 AM »

Hi Peacegirl - I think that is an error. That would be the sort of levels in late pregnancy. Please check the print-out and query with your GP or whoever did the test - get the practice to contact the lab maybe? Sometimes abnormal results might be obtained eg if blood taken from the place you apply the gel but even so this is wrong I am sure.

Hurdity x

Thank you. Ill check   :)

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 10:22:30 AM »

Hello Peacegirl

Unfortunately I can't help you with your query but your point about oestrogen possibly blocking free T4 is an interesting one. There are ladies here who are very knowledgeable about Thyroid problems and the menopause and they may have had similar experiences. Perhaps if you post again with Thyroid in the title they will respond and be able to advise you.

Wishing you well.

K.

Peacegirl

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 09:32:01 PM »

Thank you 😊