Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: My new (TMI) symptoms  (Read 1951 times)

Waitykaty

My new (TMI) symptoms
« on: January 10, 2020, 08:57:23 PM »

Ok

I'm on here quite a bit moaning about my bladder.
Thought I'd sorted it with Vagifem.
When that stopped working I moved on to full HRT with Oestrogel added to Vagifem
When that stopped working Vagifem was swapped to Intrarosa.

It's not working. ( had done daily doses of Vagifem)

But the bladder still hurts except now it feels a bit like period pain but low down, it's a bit achy and it's moving towards my rectum. It's a bit of a full feeling. I'm not constipated. Still burning too. No infection.
The best I can describe it burning plus really low period pain very low down front and back.

Does this sound at all familiar?

Ibuprofen and hot water bottle not helping.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: My new (TMI) symptoms
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 09:07:06 PM »

Yep.  HORMONES  >:(

How much vagifem were you using?  Originally it was prescribed as 25 and now is 10 so some ladies need two doses at the same time as well as using every night.  Varying the amount in order to relieve symptoms.

Perhaps change product to 'ovestin'. Same idea.  Different method of delivery.  I find an over-the-counter pain relief adequate if symptoms niggle.  How much Nurofen do you take and how often?  I found that 2 capsules initially followed by another 65-ish minutes later then every 3 hours for 24 helped.  Plus 'ovestin' nightly until symptoms ease.

Waitykaty

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 09:51:09 PM »

Oh, that's hopeful. I thought it would just be me!

Hormones in my bum! Who knew!???
Does it settle?

Vagifem -  I did 2 weeks loading dose, it worked fine.  But then  twice weekly was  not enough. Reload another 2 weeks. Then daily.  I think occasionally I did morning and night.
But once we added oestrogel Vagifem was back to just daily. Again it worked for a while then it stopped.
Switch it Intrarosa but it just ends up in the toilet. At night I go every 2 or 3 hours.

Ibuprofen every 4 hours.

I really have no idea where to go from here.
I'm eating out of misery. Can't concentrate because of the burning. Home and job are suffering because I hurt .

Waitykaty

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 11:20:00 PM »

Thanks Birdy I'm on that group.  I like being anonymous here though.
I can't get to the bottom of why I'm in pain.  I've tried everything. I'm reasonably convinced it's hormones otherwise the Vagifem wouldn't have cured it first time round,

These pains are new. It's so similar to period pain but in the wrong place.

I'm not clear about a woman's health physio.
My pelvic floor seems good.
I don't think I could face an internal exam.
I have visions of being given internal weights to squeeze?...

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 09:07:17 AM »

Do not stop treatment as Birdy suggests.

Increase the 'vagifem' to 2 a night to see if this eases symptoms and check with a Pharmacist about a combination of Paractamol and Nurofen to keep pain at bay. 

B4 a period I had intense pain in the coccyx and other muscles around the bum .........

Ladybt28

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 01:46:33 PM »

Those are just things that never enter our heads until peri/meno! ::)  Anyone who has had a baby will know about "urges to poo"! (TMI  :-X) but all this stuff about hormones in periods, pregnancy etc is all just "there" without explanation and even if it all goes up the left someone just shrugs and goes, "I don't know" or "it will pass"!  Why in gods name do we have to go through this hell to get some "light bulb moments"?

Women's gynae health needs SO much more ATTENTiON!!!!  >:( >:(

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 01:48:35 PM »

10 mins prior to a bleed I would have to dash to the loo even when a period wasn't due  :o [those hats again  ::)] ....... meant I couldn't travel or leave the house until the next day.

Waitykaty

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 09:06:26 AM »

What do we think of using 2 Vagifem?

2 at night or one in the morning and one at night?

I also have strange bowels during periods. Never really wondered why. I assumed it was because of muscles contracting.

It's the constant low down burning that gets me down. I don't honk I have much else to try.

Although someone said weight loss could help as it is less physical pressure?

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 11:02:06 AM »

Hi Waitykaty......just read your post ....i can so relate, i have that full feeling in back passage 😳 And bladder pressure.....only get any relief with bottom raised and legs up.....not very convenient when at work 🤣.....have gone down the same route as you with Vagifem & Ovestin
getting temporary relief.....the ladies on here have been a godsend.....
I have just started a new thread as have now been told to give Estring a try.....but a tad apprehensive xx

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2020, 11:04:30 AM »

PS......GP has also referred me to a womens physio ....🤞 xx

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2020, 05:06:46 PM »

WaityKaity - what progestogen are you using in addition to the Oestrogel? Is a withdrawal bleed due if you are on cyclical HRT? Could this be the cause of the feelings of pressure?

If you have a heavy feeling towards rectum could it be a prolapse of some sort? Aside from your VA and the treatment thereof,  a full feeling and/or pains in the rectum are not likely to be a hormonal issue and at least whatever the cause we can't guess for you so I would go to the doc to have a check-up in case there is a bowel issue and you are not constipated.

Any increase in Vagifem dose should be discussed and agreed with your doc. Also Vagifem irritates my bladder the day I use it but doesn't give rise to the other symptoms though.

Hope you manage to get to the bottom of it  ::)

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2020, 05:50:37 PM »

Some ladies find that 2 at the same time eases symptoms, followed by nightly.  It really can be Trial and Error  >:(  ::)

Could you get an appt with your Nurse Practitioner for advice?  Do you keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress?