Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Update and yellow poo  (Read 3455 times)

Lou02

Update and yellow poo
« on: January 05, 2020, 10:45:15 AM »

Hi ladies,

I posted a couple weeks ago due to prolonged bleeding/ flooding -it's still ongoing...well stop/start. I've had a visit to A & E only to be triaged back through out of hours GP. Things are calmer at the moment only because I'm taking tranexamic acid again along with norethisterone. I have a scan next week and a referral to the gynae clinic. On top of this I've now come down with a cough/cold. My second lot of blood tests to retest my liver enzymes showed they had improved slightly.

I've not been feeling great due to the worry of it all and it's affected my confidence to leave the house. I had a good day yesterday but almost afraid to feel assured by this with the uncertainty of it all starting up again. The past couple of days I've had loose yellow poo (TMI - sorry). Just as Ive started to feel better this has set me off again. I've googled it and there are all sorts of horror stories. Has anyone else experienced it? I'm just looking for some reassurance before my worry levels go off the scale again :-(

GypsyRoseLee

Re: Update and yellow poo
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 03:04:29 PM »

Hi. Here to reassure you. When my hormonal fluctuations were at their worst my bowels were very loose and often an orange/yellow colour. My GP reassured me that hormones very much influence your gut (and vice versa) and loose bowels are a classic symptom of hormone changes.

I remember back when I had regular periods that I would always get diarrhoea just before my bleed started. It's very common apparently.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 03:40:34 PM »

Yep GRL!  10 mins. B4 a bleed would begin I would have to dash to the loo where I had 'the runs'.  Even when a period wasn't due.

My dog would have a normal poo first thing then after a short run her next one would often be yellow and loose.  It was normal for her.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 06:27:12 PM »

Stress can certainly move my bowels and if food goes through the digestion system faster than normal, it may well change colour . What is the worst it could be?