Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: question about coming off Kliocance HRT  (Read 837 times)

loripetal

question about coming off Kliocance HRT
« on: January 02, 2020, 11:18:55 AM »

Hello there, I have been taking the lowest does for Kliovance HRT (oestrogen + progesterone) for 7 months.
I want to try coming off it. Any advice? I have taken it alternative days, and wondered if its ok just to stop it?
thanks a million, Lori
and happy new year! x

Hurdity

Re: question about coming off Kliocance HRT
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 05:39:58 PM »

You have been taking such a low dose and for such a short time that you can just stop it. In fact you can just stop any HRT at any time - it's just that with higher doses and if women are settled on it - the flushes and sweats might come back quickly and dramatically so tapering off is often recommended to ease the return of symptoms ( if they're going to come back...). Do let your doc know too....

As a matter of interest why are you stopping? I don't know your story. There are other preparations if this one is not working for you and you still get symptoms that you can't live with.

Happy new year to you too :)

Hurdity x

loripetal

Re: question about coming off Kliocance HRT
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 08:21:47 PM »

thank you Hurdity.
I started taking it as I was desperate to ease chronic fatigue. Also to see if my mood and sleep would improve.
I have been told by Docs that I simply have depression. However I know this is all menopause. I don't have hot flushes.
I wanted to be able to do more exercise as I was very fit and active before menopause.
I think as it was such a low dose, I doubt if it made any difference....perhaps initially with mood.
I will come off and see how I get on!
thanks again, Lorrane x