Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Buying HRT patches in Spain  (Read 9367 times)

grumpyjane

Buying HRT patches in Spain
« on: December 28, 2019, 08:42:27 PM »

Hello all
I realise there have been some posts on this over the months, but just wondered if anyone had an update.
I'm going to Barcelona in January and would like to buy patches, Estradot 50 if poss. Will I need a prescription? Or take empty box?
Thanks
J

Mary G

Re: Buying HRT patches in Spain
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 12:19:53 PM »

You don't need a prescription but it would be a good idea to take the empty box to show the pharmacist.

I know other members have managed to buy Estradot in Spain recently which is encouraging but you may have to order them if you are buying several boxes - it's usually next day delivery.   

Good luck!

grumpyjane

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 02:26:09 PM »

Thanks Mary G, I knew you would know  :clapping:
Fingers crossed!
J x

paisley

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 10:36:25 AM »

Hi
I live in Spain & you can buy HRT over the counter but they are gradually cutting back on it. It really is up to the pharmacy. Some will & some won't. I was refused last time. I think they are starting to tighten up on this.

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2019, 10:44:41 AM »

Hi
I live in Spain & you can buy HRT over the counter but they are gradually cutting back on it. It really is up to the pharmacy. Some will & some won't. I was refused last time. I think they are starting to tighten up on this.
After reading about this happening in Spain, I tried asking in Italy. I had read 1 woman's experience of getting it otc after saying that she had forgotten to bring any with her. However I was told that it wasn't allowed without a prescription.

Mary G

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 07:04:56 PM »

They are tightening up and it is at the discretion of the pharmacist.   I went to my usual pharmacy today (Andalucia region) and they have Estradot available.

Edit:  My pharmacist said there are no shortages of any type of HRT in Spain so that's good news.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 12:15:42 PM by Mary G »

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 11:53:54 AM »

Hi

THis is a good thing - that they are tightening up. I have always found it strange that in an EU country you can just buy HRT especially oestrogen only - OTC.  However I think it's excellent that you can get HRT OTC in EU countries with your UK prescription - this is what the EU is all about - cooperation  ::). I dread to think what will happen (re cooperation like this but also meds in general) after the B word happens unless a decent deal is struck...

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2021, 06:52:23 PM »

BUMP  :bouncing:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2021, 05:24:40 PM »

Bounced for new Member

AnnieK

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2021, 10:26:13 AM »

Does anyone know if Climodien is still available to purchase OTC in Spain?  Previously there was some supply problems, but just wondering if anyone knows if they are sorted?

Many thanks

Mary G

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2021, 11:52:40 AM »

HRT is available over the counter in Spain but I don't know about Climodien.   I will find out and post back on here.

Mary G

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2021, 11:08:25 AM »

Climodien is available OTC in Spain.   They did have some supply problems during the pandemic which have now been rectified.

If you want to know more on this subject, you might want to read my thread which I will bump up for you.

jaycee

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2021, 11:15:19 AM »

My daughter is on Estradot and told they can't get any at her pharmacy,
Anyone who has bought in Spain could you tell me how much and how many you are allowed please
My son lives near Alicante so could possibly get her some
He gets me retinol and posts it on

AnnieK

• First Flush
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2021, 10:26:59 AM »

@ MaryG, thank you so much.  So glad it is still available.

@jaycee, you can get retinol over the counter in Spain.  I cannot believe it is not even available in the UK with a prescription, or even with a private prescription.  I used the weakest strength of Renova when I lived in America, but it's not even available to get with a private prescription here.  I think it's so bad that so many things are available worldwide, but if the NHS doesn't purchase them they are then not available at all in the UK.  We then have such a limited choice.  These are not costly things either. 

Mary G

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2021, 11:34:00 AM »

jaycee, Estradot patches are available OTC in Spain at all doses.  You will probably have to order them for next day delivery and they cost about €20.00. You should be able to order 2-3 boxes at a time - I don't use them myself but I often buy them for other people.

I hope your daughter is feeling better now.