Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: An angry day  (Read 1605 times)

Enthusiastagirl

An angry day
« on: December 20, 2019, 06:49:48 PM »

Hi there!

I'm a newbie on Menopause Matters - my GP suggested I join as I told him I was struggling... I'm not sure if it's the menopause or just the fact I've had a guts-full of my husband!? We argued today about the fact he didn't want to go to Sainsbury's on his own while I was working... Anyone else find that silly things like this make you so angry? I blew up at him big time...

LizzyLoo

Re: An angry day
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 07:22:27 PM »

My tolerance levels are pretty low and sometimes it feels like I do everything. That isn't the case and my hubby does his fair share but generally I get ‘hangry' a lot of the time and any bit of stress in my way also makes me react like this. Mind you I think when you tire easily this is a huge factor.

Hope tomorrow is better!  ;)

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 07:44:35 PM »

Hello Enththustiastagirl and welcome to the forum.

My trusty meno says that most people are irritable when tired so if you are having disturbed sleep due to the menopause you are bound to be short tempered. I think any form of sleep deprivation would have that effect plus irritability along with tearfulness are  classic menopausal symptoms.

Your experience will resonate with many ladies here and I'm sure others will be along soon to advise you.

Wishing you well.

K.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 08:48:19 PM »

Hi Enthusiastagirl.
Ahhh yes, the anger! I still get it occasionally now, and I'm post meno, and on HRT. 😆
I think Kathleen is bang on.
My tolerance to things have changed since meno hit. Your not alone.
Don't beat yourself up. Does he know about meno? There's a sheet you can print off especially for our OHs, gives them an understanding. That's if he'll read it in the first place.
Shove it under his nose, and tell him to have a read....
Oh and   :welcomemm:

Jd xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 08:51:15 PM »

Print off 'hints for husbands' and hand over - they aren't mind readers!

Anger.  I was born angry at 3lb 4zo.  I can fight fresh air.  I fly off the handle instantly. 

How are your periods?  Your over-all diet?  Your husband is allowed not to want to go shopping  :-\ ........

It's often how conversations come out that is the problem  ;)

jaycee

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2019, 09:31:42 PM »

I have had an angry day today too, nothing to do with husbands, but geheral frustraion i think at things going wrong,
Spent most of the morning in tears, thinking about the last year and losing my dog,
Also family situations, then went to Drs,i was convinced it was today,
Got wet through as it's a long walk, no buses go that way except rarely, got wet feet and trousers up to the ankles in unseen puddles#
When i got there was told it is monday, but usually get a text reminder,and hadn't.
Went into the toiets, no lights so had to use my phone torch to see where i was going through 2 doors
While i was in there i got a reminder text for mondays appointment,
Did reception only remember when they saw me?
Had to walk back home with wet feet and freezing cold, burst into tears again
Christmas please hurry up and be over :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2019, 09:35:49 PM »

:bighug:  jaycee - think of it as having got it all over in one day?   ;)

jaycee

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2019, 09:54:31 PM »

It is very rare for me to cry, apart from when lola died it must be years, not even at my mums funeral :o
I hope i have got it over with, must be several years worth of tears i have shed today
Always worse for anyone at Christmas i think, for various reasons
Very sorry for people who are recently bereaved though, and  those with lovely  memories of loved ones who have passed :(

Enthusiastagirl

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2019, 08:34:52 AM »

Thank you all for your reassurance and advice!  :D I think you're right... I've been tossing and turning a bit at night so perhaps the tiredness is making me less tolerant and short tempered. I will use a sleep app for a few days and see how good/bad my sleep quality is! I have forwarded the hints and tips sheet to my husband but unfortunately he has a lot of stress at work & works long hours, so even though he would probably like to respond differently, he has low tolerance levels too! A recipe for disaster the two of us living together basically, so mostly we keep communications to a minimum.
As for periods, it will be 2 years in Feb since my last one, and my diet has been very bad of late as I'm not motivated to shop for and cook nutritionally balanced and tasty meals at the end of the working day, despite really wanting to. They all get school dinners thankfully! My GP said antidepressants wouldn't be unreasonable when I explained how I felt... but I'm not sure that route is for me!

Kathleen

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2019, 03:26:59 PM »

Hello again Ladies.

Jaycee - Your comment about crying with frustration when things go wrong makes a lot of sense to me. With the menopause we seem to be dealing with our bodies going wrong on a daily basis. Add to that disturbed and less refreshing sleep and it's no wonder we burst into tears sometimes. I seem to be even more irritable and tearful recently which the GP attributes to the after effects of Glandular Fever. He has prescribed plenty of rest and fluids so I'm going to do my best to rest up and drink more water. Goodness knows if it will help but worth a try.

Wishing you all well.

K.