Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Strange symptoms ...HELP  (Read 1302 times)

Elegia

Strange symptoms ...HELP
« on: November 20, 2019, 07:33:10 PM »

Being driven daft by a  series of strange symptoms.
Lower backpain intermittent but achey -disappears for days then comes back never really shifts.
Incredible uncontrollable wind both bottom and vaginally.
Slight tendency to constipation which is new despite good diet and fluids.
Dragging achey pelvic pain which moves around.
Seen GP who gave me painkillers for back - really helped bowel issues with that one! NOT .
Second GP did a CA125 and inflammatory bloods all ok.
I have made another appointment but not sure if its all just part of meno- or possibly some pelvic floor dysfunction - (2  c sections).
Well into meno no periods for a while.
Any suggestions reassurances gratefully received.

Joaniepat

Re: Strange symptoms ...HELP
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 08:37:41 PM »

This does sound as though it might be pelvic floor dysfunction.  How about getting an assessment from a women's health physio? I  saw one yesterday, and although I don't have your problems (mine are urinary issues), these are all things that were covered in the initial questionnaire and assessment.

JP x
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 08:40:44 PM by Joaniepat »

Ambergirl

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 08:44:02 PM »

Hi,
I could have written this (apart from the C-section not had any kids). I had all blood tests, ultrasound and then an MRI. Found some lumpy bits outer wall of womb but nothing to worry about according to consultant. Saw a gastro consultant who said I had IBS. I think that this is all part of the meno journey. I am not on HRT and have been period free since June. I keep getting pains in places all over and my poor GP doesn't know what to test for next! Perhaps HRT would help you to increase the flexibility of joints etc? I am overweight by about 2 stone so I know that may have something to do with my aches and pains but I do exercise regularly.
What do you do to ease symptoms apart from painkillers? I think we tend to worry about all of this because we have odd sensations and heightened awareness of what can go wrong as we age. Positive mindset and meditation helps. Hope someone comes along with more experience and can answer your queries better than I! :)

Elegia

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 08:52:56 PM »

Thanks both.
I'm not on HRT -not adverse but had felt I was coping ok until recently.
Flushes lessening and sleeping(touch wood)well.
Will admit to a bit of health anxiety which is worsening with age.
Heat helps the back pain so hot bath/water bottle.
I take cod liver oil vit D calcium iron and general vitamin supplement .
Weight is ok.
Some days apart from odd twinge in back I feel great-  then like today lots of pelvic twinges/achey hips and frightened to eat my lunch in the office because it might set off the bottom burps!
Women's physio might be a good idea.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 09:42:16 PM »

HORMONES!

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  As suggested, a woman' physio should be able to give advice.

Do read the threads about vaginal atrophy.  Important to be ahead of that one! 

Check your posture when sitting: typing, watching TV, driving; also your foot wear which can impact hugely on posture = back pain.  Gentle regular exercise is good we have several threads on exercise/cycling/swimming etc..