Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I love Christmas because ..........  (Read 4026 times)

Ladybt28

Re: I love Christmas because ..........
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2019, 03:55:28 PM »

The 3 best things about my childhood - My Parents type of Christmas, the travelling all over Europe they did and my stage dancing.  It all stopped when I was 13 and it was rubbish from then. 

I don't do anything anymore for Christmas but I think if I had someone to do it for... well maybe I could ungrinch myself!.... I tried to volunteer at one of the charities for Christmas day and boxing day but I couldn't find out how to get involved properly here in NI - it's all kept under wraps a bit.  I suppose you need to be volunteering all the year to find out what goes on a Christmas.

Sparrow

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2019, 03:57:38 PM »

The 3 best things about my childhood - My Parents type of Christmas, the travelling all over Europe they did and my stage dancing.  It all stopped when I was 13 and it was rubbish from then. 

I don't do anything anymore for Christmas but I think if I had someone to do it for... well maybe I could ungrinch myself!.... I tried to volunteer at one of the charities for Christmas day and boxing day but I couldn't find out how to get involved properly here in NI - it's all kept under wraps a bit.  I suppose you need to be volunteering all the year to find out what goes on a Christmas.

CRISIS AT CHRISTMAS.  They always need volunteers at Xmas.  Just Google.

Ladybt28

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2019, 04:07:16 PM »

I don't know if we have Crisis at Christmas here in NI, will look though!  :)

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2019, 04:14:05 PM »

Totally agree Pennyfarthing, Christmas isn't my favourite time. it is already depressing me, even Christmas films on TV
I can't wait for it to be over, i have had some terrible times at Christmas, and don't want reminders
#Sorry i am being a grinch i know

you're not a grinch jaycee!  Well, if you are, so am I!  ;D   

Xmas when my kids were small were hard work but nice.  I used to buy loads of secondhand stuff like lego and put it in a big decorated box and they never queried it.  We used to do the xmas stockings, selection boxes, xmas books etc. To make it as traditional as possible. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2019, 04:28:22 PM »

One needs to approach Charities early enough for the various Police checks to be done.  Most have good web-sites so looking there might be a start.  Or put 'shelter', 'soup kitchens + your Post code', 'Trussel Trust' for example into google and see what pops up.  It may be extra hands at a food bank to fill boxes for example or 4 picking up items donated - Tesco and other supermarkets have areas where we can put tins etc.. 

jaypo

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2019, 06:46:21 PM »

Maybe this thread should be re named to Ihate Christmas because  ;D

Taz2

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2019, 07:24:00 PM »

I love it especially Christmas Eve which is the one night in the year when all of my sons are here under the same roof and I feel very thankful. I also love the carols, glitter, sparkle, pressies too of course. Opening my christmas stocking in bed first thing in the morning still makes me get that excited feeling like I'm 5 again! ;D

Taz x 🎄🎉🎄

Two hoots

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2019, 10:26:52 PM »

I like Christmas but I want the build up to start in December not August  ???

One BIG annoyance I have is my MinL, a few days before Christmas she will ask me "do you have something I can wrap for" my son her grandson, it happens every year, she can't be bothered to buy something  >:( she has two grand daughters in New Zealand and sends money, I only found this out two years ago, I always send gifts, things that they can't get in NZ even though the postage is around £20  :-\

jaypo

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2019, 08:21:03 AM »

Oh nooooo TH that would do my head in  >:( it's not difficult to find something little for her grandson surely?
I actually thought you'd gone loopy there and read your post as big annoyance is my mini   ;D and your car was talking to you  ;D

Two hoots

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2019, 09:08:01 AM »

Oh nooooo TH that would do my head in  >:( it's not difficult to find something little for her grandson surely?
I actually thought you'd gone loopy there and read your post as big annoyance is my mini   ;D and your car was talking to you  ;D

I don't own a mini but a few weeks ago my better half had a brand new mini as a courtesy car....it was lovely, I didn't want him to give it back  ;D if it was my car I would talk to it and tell it how gorgeous it was  :)

Pages: 1 [2]