Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I love Christmas because ..........  (Read 4025 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
I love Christmas because ..........
« on: November 17, 2019, 03:45:54 PM »

:-\

it's almost New Year ?

jaypo

Re: I love Christmas because ..........
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 05:05:52 PM »

Aww come on clkd,you KNOW why I love it  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 05:08:10 PM »

Go on, remind me  ;D  :whist:

DH suggests that he likes it  :-\

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 05:45:57 PM »

Nope,shan't  ;D
Aww well if Mr clkd likes it then you should make it special,just for him  :)
I do remember when I was very young and my parents were still together,enjoying it then, I used to listen so hard for Santa coming and tried to stay awake but always failed.Very distant and solitary memory though  :'(

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 05:51:43 PM »

NOOOOOoOO.........😂

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 06:10:23 PM »

Aww jill,doesn't your OH want to hear all about it?im sure he said he did🤔😂

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 06:38:39 PM »

Because It will soon be over and we can get back to normal.

littleminnie

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2019, 07:19:23 PM »

Because once it's over, our first holiday is quite close

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2019, 10:20:02 PM »

Normal?! I hope my life remains a succession of non-normal events then, with many surprises and laughs..just like Christmas ;D :-*

it's all too artificial and focused on money for me Teresa. I hear young parents complaining that they have maxed out on the credit cards, I see people selling brand new, unplayed with toys on Ebay and Car boot Sales and for many people it is a hugely stressful time.  families fall out over who is going to spend the day with which parents and some siblings won't go if others will be there.

Nobody really NEEDS  anything these days and shops are just happy to sell people all the useless tat.  I volunteered  for many years in a charity shop and just days after Xmas people brought in all their unwanted gifts. Slippers, dressing gowns, books, CDs, preserves, perfumes, diaries and calendars, scarves and hats and DVDs.  I will never forget  one woman who brought in a couple of bin liners of presents all still wrapped up!  I said “are you sure you meant to donate these because they are all sealed.”  She said “people always buy me stuff I don't want so there's no point even looking.” 

Then there are those who can't really afford to go round the whole extended family buying gifts but feel obliged to because people buy for them.  My daughter's boyfriend is a good example.  he was between job's last winter and was almost skint but his family do this weird thing of TELLING each other what they would like!  I told him to explain that he was on a very limited budget and would only be buying token gifts but he said the whole family would turn against him if he did that.  So he ended up buying one brother some expensive garden shears which he asked for and he got some Shower gel and shampoo in return!  It will be the same again this Xmas no doubt. 

Quicker we get back to normal life the better!  🙂

jaycee

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2019, 10:39:38 PM »

Totally agree Pennyfarthing, Christmas isn't my favourite time. it is already depressing me, even Christmas films on TV
I can't wait for it to be over, i have had some terrible times at Christmas, and don't want reminders
#Sorry i am being a grinch i know

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2019, 08:12:52 AM »

I think more of us would enjoy Christmas IF IT DIDNT START IN OCTOBER!! >:(

sheila99

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2019, 09:24:37 AM »

I think more of us would enjoy Christmas IF IT DIDNT START IN OCTOBER!! >:(

This.
By the time it actually arrives I'm sick of it.

Sparrow

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2019, 09:32:43 AM »

The only part of Xmas I love is Boxing day.  That's because Xmas day is over and I can relax and enjoy myself.  The rest, the shopping, organising and cooking, I absolutely hate.

Ladybt28

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2019, 12:33:51 PM »

My parents made Christmas a magical thing. Never saw a decoration or present buying or anything in the run up to Christmas Eve and then we would go bed my brother and I and when we woke up xmas morning the house was decorated, all the Christmas nuts and oranges and chocolates were laid out on the sideboard, the Christmas tree was up, sacks at the bottom of the bed and round the tree.  They would have been up all night doing it and they said that Santa and his Elves has been to the house and it was done by magic!  There is 7 years between my brother and I but they carried on until he was 7 or 8!

I managed to do it for my children till they were 5 and then couldn't because it was just toooo exhausting - I don't know how they did it really!!!  Up until 4 years ago all the grown up children and their households were spoilt too and Christmas was a big thing for me sometimes in the past I have had 10 or more for Christmas dinner but now I have turned into the Christmas grinch - I can't stand it, it drives me insane.  I think it's because I'm all christmased out!  Anyway no one bothers with us to return any of the favours (I know you shouldn't give to receive but my lot take the mick I think).  Breaks my heart so I avoid as much of Christmas as I can and don't even decorate our house as we are on our own.  Why go to all the hassle for a day?  xx  Yep Miserable Christmas Grinch live here!! xx

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2019, 03:45:31 PM »

Grinch here too  ;D
Pages: [1] 2