Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Help  (Read 645 times)

discokaren

Help
« on: November 17, 2019, 01:13:02 PM »

Hi, I have had really bad perimenopause symptoms for about 3 years. The worst symptoms are anxiety, vertigo and IBS. In April it was horrific had a massive panic attack which ended in a trip to A&E. After another trip to the Doctor I was given HRT, didn't take it straight away because I was waiting for a colposcopy appointment for a abnormal smear. It took 5 weeks for the appointment (all was fine) ........ in the time it took I started to feel better didn't have periods, no anxiety bowels were better. So thought I was coming out the other side. Had felt fine for months no periods at all only thing was I was getting hot flushes which I had never had before. I didn't mind because the rest of the symptoms had gone which were horrendous,  sometimes unable to leave the house. So I never took the HRT because I thought I was through the worst of it...... Until 6 weeks ago,,,,,the bloated stomach,  the IBS, the vertigo then a light period which last over two weeks.  Now this week my vertigo/dizziness have been off the scale then today a period  and its quite heavy. .......Do any of you think it might be just a hiccup or are my symptoms all back till God knows when......don't want to start the HRT if I am coming through the other side........Any advice would be greatly appreciated xxxxxx

Wilks

Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 01:41:16 PM »

Hi,
In the peri-menopause your oestrogen levels can fluctuate widely so your symptoms also fluctuate accordingly. Each of us has a different experience but for some this can go on for several years.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 03:48:57 PM »

You don't sound as though you are: 'coming out the other side' : what ever that might and however long it might take.

Maybe put the name of the HRT prescribed into the search box.  Make notes?

Mogster71

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 07:17:46 PM »

Hi Discokaren

I completely empathise with you - vertigo is horrid enough on it's own, I'm a long-term sufferer and my 40's have been the worst ever. I didn't really register that it was peri related until fairly recently but now so many things are falling into place!!

In a similar vein this has been the worst year for symptoms, I'm now 48. I'm pretty sure I have read somewhere that symptoms can be worse around menopause itself, so if you've not had periods for a while and then one 6 weeks ago, and another now it could be the fluctuating hormones making you feel worse.

Which HRT have you been prescribed?? Maybe give it a whirl for a few months and see if it makes any difference to how you're feeling? xx