Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hello long time no post  (Read 585 times)

babypink2807

Hello long time no post
« on: November 12, 2019, 10:48:42 AM »

Its a very, very long time since I posted, years in fact.  I am now 54 and been through some traumatic times which I have had to deal with.  Menopause got worse and worse and today still struggle with it, but not allowed to have HRT.  I think I have found a balance of natural remedies for a few symptoms, but also do have prescribed meds for other symptoms as the list was getting longer and longer. 

I have dragged my sorry backside through years of not so good times, dealt with it and handed further blows along this road.  One thing I am still pressing on with is finding that place where its all going fine.  You know the one we ladies are all trying to find. 

From the depths of despair, to the highs of joy and back to earth with a bang, just keep hanging on, thats all you can do at times

I have changed jobs (less stress), moved house, ended an abusive relationship, got through breast cancer, lost my dad last year, had my dog put down, had 2 x further surgeries, one more to come, passed my motorbike test, piled on the weight, lost some of that with diet change.  Have a lovely new home and work less hours, do a lot of walking, have mini breaks away in the the Dales and Lake District. 

Hope everyone is doing ok :-)

KiltedCupid

Re: Hello long time no post
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 05:24:17 PM »

Hi Blossom22 - wow, you've been through the mill! Well done on all your achievements, I know when I tried to come off hrt some days it was difficult to leave the house, and that's not very practical when you have a business to run. But you're so right to just keep plugging away, just get on with stuff and try to stay positive. Even on hrt we still have some ‘blippy' days but the world won't stop and wait because we feel crap so we all need to take some of your positivity on board and keep on keeping on.

Good on you.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 05:44:41 PM »

Hiya Blossom - good to hear from you again! I had to look back and remember how long ago it was - but you popped back briefly a few years ago! Sounds like you have the right attitude to cope with all of that you have had to deal with and more recently too. Just wondering which symptoms you have prescribed meds for (if you don't mind sharing) - and I'm sure you have discovered along the way that there are prescribed meds which work for many women for flushes and sweats, for those who are unable to take HRT?  Well done also for the weight loss which is so important as we age....Amazing - a motorbike! Do you have someone to ride with or conventions/clubs to go to, or just a fast (and exhilarating!) way of getting about? Anyway keep on keeping on being positive as that's half the battle :)

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 08:52:08 PM »

You R in the right area of the UK 4 holidays to keep that weight off.    However, we are having "Lake District weather" daily  >:(

:medal:  little steps.  I had a Honda50 when I was 18, Dad wanted boys not girls  ;D.  It took me miles.  I've been watching motorbike racing for years.

Well done on ending the relationship.  Never easy!!   :foryou: