Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel possible side effects  (Read 1347 times)

Choc Ice

Oestrogel possible side effects
« on: November 09, 2019, 07:48:45 PM »

I am on my 3rd day of oestrogel, and yesterday, I was shopping, when I was breathless, had a tight chest and feeling a bit like a migraine aura. The complicating thing is I do have a sore throat (there is a nasty viral infection going round, and I do have a heart complaint, but it is well treated and controlled)
Could the chest thing be an oestrogel side effect?
 I have been on the patches with no problem at all and changed only because of the supply problem.
I do hope it isn't as my Menopause symptoms  have really reduced.
Any advice
Thanks

sheila99

Re: Oestrogel possible side effects
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 09:40:35 PM »

Unlikely though not impossible. As you have sore throat you have some kind of bug so more likely to be that, especially as you have been OK on patches. I'd give it a few more days and see if it settles.

Tracey E

Re: Oestrogel possible side effects
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 01:41:45 PM »

I am on my 3rd day of oestrogel, and yesterday, I was shopping, when I was breathless, had a tight chest and feeling a bit like a migraine aura. The complicating thing is I do have a sore throat (there is a nasty viral infection going round, and I do have a heart complaint, but it is well treated and controlled)
Could the chest thing be an oestrogel side effect?
 I have been on the patches with no problem at all and changed only because of the supply problem.
I do hope it isn't as my Menopause symptoms  have really reduced.
Any advice
Thanks

Yes certainly the migrane with aura, as this was one of my side effects from Estrogel.