Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan advice  (Read 732 times)

Joanne13H

Utrogestan advice
« on: November 05, 2019, 01:56:46 PM »

Hello :)
I am just heading into 3 months on Utrogestan- 100 mg every night from days 1-25. I had a withdrawal bleed last month. I am also on Estrodot  50mcg patch but recently  had trouble getting them so they prescribed Estroderm ( which were the size of a football field in comparison) I am on day 14 of Utrogestan and noticed a little bit of spotting . Also I have had ridiculously sore breasts. I feel like I have  PMT. I am booked to see GP on 15th to review.
I was initially on Elleste Duet but thought patch and Utrogestan would be a better option . I have had some slight dizziness but nothing major . Anybody else had this experience ?

Hurdity

Re: Utrogestan advice
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 08:19:26 PM »

Hi Joanne13H

Just wondering how old you are and what your natural cycles were doing (how long between periods etc) before you started HRT ie before you started the Elleste? If you are still peri-menopausal and your periods were still pretty frequent when you started the HRT (and this wasn't so long ago) then this most likely explains your bleeding at odd times. Thing is HRT does not override your cycle so it will still come through hence the pmt and bleeding. Also you are on the regime that is usually for women who are very late peri-menopause or post-meno ( althopugh soem who are post-meno take it every day without a break), so your periods may be lighter anyway.

How is it suiting you otherwise?

Let us know how you get on with your review with the doctor!

Hurdity x

Joanne13H

Re: Utrogestan advice
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 11:56:58 PM »

Hi there ,
I'm 53 - I started on Elleste Duet it will be 2 years ago in Jan. To be honest I felt great on this , apart from few niggles with the progesterone. I then tried a patch ( combined) but had horrendous headache. Went back on Elleste but it became unavailable.
My periods all my life were regular but it's been over a year since I had one.
I have only been on Utrogestan and the patches for 3 months. I've just bled for a day but it's very light - actually similar to my periods as were.
My mind goes into overdrive as my anxiety has been horrendous as part of menopause.
Hoping it's just my body adjusting. I opted for Utrogestan as I had heard it had less side effects and also that patches were the best way to get the oestrogen.
I've also heard it takes time to settle . It's good just to say stuff out loud on here. Will let you know what Dr says.x