Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Success- finally  (Read 1016 times)

Sgtvhilts

Success- finally
« on: November 02, 2019, 10:38:53 PM »

Hi,
Just thought i'd Update.
As some of you might remember I was having trouble finding the right combo. I found the right combo for me but meno clinic gave it a big no no as it wasn't ‘conventional ‘ and didn't fit the ‘nice'guidlines. They claimed that as I was still having symptoms with oral sequi , I was not absorbing it and I needed to go on to patches with the utrogestan - duh tried that once, never again. My last post was when I was about to go to GP and hammer it out. I went along with my self research results and low and behold she went with it!!!
So I am now on Femeston sequi 1mg (for progesterone purposes- dydrogestone id the only one that suits, but doesn't come alone) and 75mcg of evorel patches
Bingo- symptom control - there is hope ladies. Happy- for now......

Dierdre

Re: Success- finally
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 08:39:17 AM »

Thats great, love to hear it when things work out and lucky you to have a supporting doctor. :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 08:48:06 AM »

Well done for pushing to get what your body requires.

Countrygirl

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 09:45:17 AM »

Brilliant news sgtvhilts , it's stories like yours that keeps me plodding ever onwards x

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 04:37:42 PM »

Yep,
I know, i was shocked that she was so 'compliant'. Miracles do happen i guess.  It just goes to show what can be achieved.  I woudl add though i am a little bit like a dog with a bone- i never give up when i am on a mission.
I wrote all my meno symptoms down and ticked off what symtoms disappeared with which combo and dose.  She also knew that i had 'aquired' a large supply of patches OTC in Egypt and that i was using them anyway.............
She said "oh, meno clinic were concerned about the lining"- My response= If they were that concerned they would scan me!! So got a scan out of it too.
I also asked her if they woudl be striking me off the practice list by the end of the week for non compliance- which she just smilied and  said no. LOL who knows what she wrote in my medical records!! LOL.
Keeping the faith..........

Lanzalover

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 05:43:21 PM »

That's great news well done for persevering

Lanzalover x

Mogster71

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 05:45:03 PM »

Thats such good news!! So bad when we feel we have to fight :( Long may the relief continue x