Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Halloween!  (Read 3405 times)

Salad

Re: Halloween!
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2019, 05:08:55 PM »

My husband bought a fair sized tub of sweets in the week. We ate all the good ones and left the boiled sweets and lollies to give out if any one knocked the door.
Only had one knock but we were eating our evening meal so we didn't bother answering  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2019, 05:18:41 PM »

Sadly  :-\  ;D we have sweeties left over ........ no one tapped the door.  House opposite kind of dressed up but it's all plastic, however, that can be kept for next year and not go into landfill ;-). 

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2019, 05:29:58 PM »

In our village the children only visit houses that are decorated, have pumpkins out etc. Hubby & I went out for a meal last night so we closed the gates, then when we were back, we left gates open re-lit our ceramic ghost & pumpkin, but as I was so tired & desperate to get in my PJ's I left the bucket of sweets (left over from when teenager was given a tub & never ate) on doorstep but we had only 3 lots from hearing them approach, but they all went. As children we never went trick or treating, my son when younger went out with friends & the older ones looked after them & us adults had a good old party of our own!

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2019, 06:07:43 PM »

Oh I forgot to buy any sweeties for the little darlings! 😡
Never mind. 🤣😂🤣😂

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2019, 07:06:47 PM »

;D ;D

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2019, 09:15:47 PM »

Wanna share my stash sweeties Yorkie? 🤣😂🤣😂

Countrygirl

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2019, 07:15:21 AM »

Where do you hide your stash of sweeties so no one else finds them JD, mine is under the wrapping paper and birthday cards in the drawer 🤣 x

Two hoots

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2019, 12:41:58 PM »

If I had a stash  :worm: they would be in the bottom drawer in the kitchen, under my bag of clothes pegs  :whist:

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2019, 02:50:39 PM »

At the side of the chair in the alcove...in a magazine rack....that's been wired up to the electrics...if any one touches em they get a good sharp 250 volts through em.....🤣😂🤣😂
They won't touch em again...😉. 🤣😂🤣😂

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2021, 08:14:45 AM »

I wonder how many of those families who are complaining about the loss of the extra £20.00 will go out and buy pumpkins to cut up rather than eat  :-\

Taz2

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2021, 08:55:17 AM »

It's only the outside that gets carved though so you can still make something with the pumpkin flesh - if you like pumpkin that it is - not sure I've ever really found a recipe I liked.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2021, 11:50:52 AM »

Do people use it though?  I have grown 4 this year :) - 1 has been eaten.  The marrow weighs 6lb and a bit.  DH scoops out the seeds and keeps or puts them into the compost.  Then roasts with a lot of black pepper and olive oil - with other veg..  Any left over is eaten cold or mashed into a soup.  The importance is plenty of seasoning.

Ju Ju

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2021, 02:10:11 PM »

We don’t bother with Halloween, but do enjoy videos of my grandchildren who live in the USA. Of course, it’s very much celebrated over there with going out dressed up and trick and treating with the adults supervising.

When my daughter was little, I made her a wonderful witch birthday cake (Jane Asher novelty cake book). She took the photos of it to school and I got a request from her teacher as to whether I was prepared to make a cake for the class Halloween party. Of course I did. The next year it was stopped because some parents complained about it being a pagan thing!  :-\ Not even a church school! Better stop reading The worst witch and other witchy stories then!

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2021, 03:28:37 PM »

It's an English 'thing' that went to the States and came back.  Apparently.  I saw a woman with 8 large 🎃 s in her trolley, I had to button up or I would have asked her to share the recipe  :-\

DH puts ginger and garlic with most things ;-)
Pages: 1 [2]