Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Can I / How do I avoid a bleed on holiday? Cyclical HRT  (Read 2486 times)

pepperminty

Can I / How do I avoid a bleed on holiday? Cyclical HRT
« on: October 27, 2019, 02:35:42 PM »

Hi Ladies,

can I avoid a bleed on my holiday abroad next year? Apart from trying to book it around my hols? Can I take an extra month of just the estrogen? Will it then cock up everything bleed wise? Has anyone doene this? I have a pack of Zumenon I could take which is the estrogen only part , and the go back to the Femosten pack the next month?

Thanks Pepperminty? x
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 02:40:31 PM by pepperminty »

pepperminty

Re: Can I / How do I avoid a bleed on holiday? Cyclical HRT
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 07:08:23 AM »

Just miss the progesterone tablets in one Femoston pack and start a fresh pack. I wouldn't mess around with taking another product. The next bleed might be a bit heavier but forewarned is forearmed! It works fine.

Thanks stellajane, I was concerned whether I may have a break through bleed. Trying to book around a bleed is a faff.

PMX

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 09:20:30 AM »

I tried that but I bled anyway. If you're meno it should be OK but if peri you might find your body decides otherwise.

KiltedCupid

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 01:24:12 PM »

Pepperminty - I'm well post but remember when fertile the doc gave me mini pill for a holiday. It stopped any bleeds but I felt like sh1t the entire time, but that's me and prog. I know that mini pill or prog is given to fertile women to delay a period so it might be worth talking to your doc to see the best option for you. If you're ok on the prog then that might be the route to take.

pepperminty

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 03:55:12 PM »

Thanks ladies,

I was peri when I started HRT , so I am probably post as 53, so I hopefully should be ok! Might be nice to have a longer cycle as get achey and creaky on the progesterone phase these days.

PMX

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 08:05:59 PM »

If you are able to tweak your cycle in the months leading up to your holiday you might be able to try it out eg have a slightly longer than 4 week cycle - say a calendar month etc and work it round your holiday. I am on longer cycle and plan my cycles several months in advance - especially during summer months - or if i have a holiday coming up - just make sure I'm not on the prog withdrawal phase (feel yuk and sometimes migraine) nor the firsttwo or three days of bleed - while away.

Hurdity x

pepperminty

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 03:06:53 PM »

If you are able to tweak your cycle in the months leading up to your holiday you might be able to try it out eg have a slightly longer than 4 week cycle - say a calendar month etc and work it round your holiday. I am on longer cycle and plan my cycles several months in advance - especially during summer months - or if i have a holiday coming up - just make sure I'm not on the prog withdrawal phase (feel yuk and sometimes migraine) nor the firsttwo or three days of bleed - while away.

Hurdity x

Hi Hurdity, that is an idea, I could do that with the extra estrogen tablets I have. And yes I too feel yuk during the estrogen phase !

PMX