Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Ouch!  (Read 1759 times)

misskh

Ouch!
« on: October 19, 2019, 06:02:32 PM »

What on earth is this burning all about?

I have read through the posts on "burning" down there but until you've experienced it...

I'm still using Estirol 2/3 times a week, plus Multi-gyn and if needed YES WB...although must say i'm not dry around the outside of my vagina all the time...
Taking one cranberry extract tablet daily and a probiotic capsule recommended for a healthy vagina....

I seem to have a triangle of burning pain from just below my belly button across my lower tummy right to my vagina area...which is now constantly 24/7...
Even peeing is like shards of glass coming out, which is still incredibly frequent morning and through the night...and plenty each time I go..so not just a drizzle...

Equally my urine is cloudy...yet no UTI infection..

I've used those cystitus granules over the last 2 days in the hope that if anything it may carm the acid feeling on my urine...but no...
It's really beginning to play havoc with day to day life, feel as though I can't go out incase I need to pee...really can't believe how often I'm going...must have a bladder like a camel hump...

I also feel as though there's a bubble in my vagina that I can't get rid of...strange feeling...

Any tried and tested products/sucsessful
ways to ease it please?

« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 06:22:01 PM by misskh »

Joaniepat

Re: Ouch!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 06:48:51 PM »

Why do you think this is not an infection misskh? It certainly sounds like one to me. Your urine needs to  be cultured and an appropriate AB prescribed, asap.

JP x

misskh

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 09:04:16 PM »

I did take urine sample to the Dr's, she thought there maybe protein in it and I had antibiotics to be on the safe side, 3 day course of Nitrofurantion...never a good one for me as I find these don't work, and definatly not a 3 day course..
Went back after taking them with same symptoms and another sample and was given a 7 day course of Trimethoprim.
Phoned for results of test and was told that it was infact negative...

So i'm assuming that I didn't have a UTI...

Joaniepat

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 09:36:06 PM »

Sorry to hear that misskh. What a pain (literally!). Are you on the Vaginal Atrophy Facebook group? That can be a good place for info on urinary issues.

To me, it still sounds as though you have an infection if the urine is cloudy and you are in pain. Did the GP have any explanation for this? I don't think VA on  it's own causes the urine to be cloudy.

Perhaps someone else will be along soon with some ideas. I hope you get a solution to all this. Let us know how you get on.

JP x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 07:59:32 AM »

A urine sample MUST be tested in a Lab. a dip stick in the Surgery shows nowt other than what is in the sample.

Get yourself to the GP and ask for vaginal atrophy treatment.  It will ease symptoms. 4 me it was like razor blades up there  :o and ABs should never be given without cause.  Never on 'it might be'.  In 10 years or so there will be real problems as bugs are becoming resistant.

Also take an over-the-counter pain relief to ease symptoms.  Let us know how you get on.

misskh

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 10:32:03 AM »

CLKD... My last sample was lab tested, but came back clear..

I couldn't stand the constant up and down last night...really didn't have any sleep.
This morning I called the out of hours clinic, explained my symptoms and was told to come in and see the Dr, bringing a urine sample.

She only had to look at it to see something was wrong...and the second she put dip stick in it showed an infection...she was flumxed by the last lab test results..

I've been given a 5 day course of Ciprofloxacin....

Once i've finished these i'm going to make an appointment with my own Dr to discuss all things menopause in depth...

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 12:14:48 PM »

Sometimes infections can become embedded.  Maybe make a list of symptoms to take and make a double appt.? 

misskh

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2019, 03:04:28 PM »

Thank you CLKD..
I will....I did mention to the Dr today that the discomfort in my tummy felt quite deep inside, they just said that the bladder is tucked away....

Equally not sure whether to go back to using Vagifem instead of the Estriol cream....i was in two minds as to whether this was adding to my symptoms but i'll have to wait until i've finished the antibiotics to see...

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2019, 03:50:57 PM »

I wouldn't consider stopping appropriate treatments  :-\ ........ when my VA niggles it's under my belly button that feels heavy. 

Let us know how you get on.

misskh

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2019, 04:11:31 PM »

I've still got another few applications of Estriol in the tube, using 2/3 times weekly now as i've done the reload 3 weeks ago....and i've got 16 Vagifem tablets that I got before I was changed to Estriol....
So no need to have a break inbetween if I do change .... I shouldn't think I'd have to do a 2 week reload with the Vagifem as long as I don't take a break...
Or do you think I would?

shrosphirelass

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2019, 05:46:30 PM »

Hi misskh, when I swapped from vagifem (causing irriattaion) to estriol, I was told not to do another reload as it wasn't necessary. I compromised and an doing every other day for 4 weeks.

misskh

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2019, 08:04:32 PM »

Shrosphirelass...
Do you prefer the Estriol to the Vagifem?
I don't think it caused me irriration, just think the Dr suggested a change as my symptoms seemed to have come out of nowhere....i'm convinced it was a really bad UTI all along....
Hopefully these antibiotics will shift it this time...

Joaniepat....i am on the VA Facebook page...
Both forums are such a help when you're not sure what you're facing....

shrosphirelass

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2019, 04:43:21 PM »

The vagifem seemed to irritate me, I felt a constant need to go to the toilet then developed horrible burning (No UTI) around the uvula. I was changed to estriol and everything has calmed down. I find it a real faff and really messy as it constantly leaks out, but at least it isn't causing issues. I'm hoping to try vagifem again when everything gets in a better state. It's  just so much more convenient.

misskh

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2019, 05:28:11 PM »

Shrosphirelass....
That's what I thought about doing...
I'm using the cream for now as it can be applied to the outside as well as inserted...once I feel plumped up i'll ask to change back...
Dr won't prescribe both...

I tend to push the applicator in until comfortable then gently move it from front to back/left to right while depositing a bit of cream to each side...
Seems to stay put as it's not all in one lump...

shrosphirelass

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2019, 05:40:18 PM »

Hya Misskh,
That's what I've also started to do (following a suggestion on the fecebook group) which has stopped it coming out in a big dollop. It just trickles out throughout the morning now, but I guess it means it's treating the outside bits, not great for my underwear though!