Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Mirena Coil  (Read 1106 times)

ruth2902

Mirena Coil
« on: October 16, 2019, 10:55:42 AM »

Hi

My GP has recommended Mirena coil for meno symptoms and I wondered what experiences other ladies have had with it? I am currently taking mini pill so don't have any periods. I am taking Evening Primrose oil and Sainsburys Menopause support tablets at the moment which have really helped with brain fog and palpitations symptoms but not the tiredness. So what I would like to know is does the coil mean you have periods? Does it help with brain fog, palpitations, tiredness? Does is cause or help low mood/anxiety? Thanks for any info

Jellyb

Re: Mirena Coil
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 11:22:25 AM »

Hi Ruth
I used to have a Mirena plus low dose patch.  I had Mirena for the full term that it lasted and I can honestly say, I felt the best I have ever done on it.
I wish I could have one now but, when they tried to replace it, my womb had shrunk so it was not possible.
That's just my experience.
All the best.

RedKite08

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 09:42:04 PM »

Hi Ruth, I have a Mirena to control my periods. I was having periods every 2 weeks and each one would last about a week. My periods have completely stopped, which I expected as I have had several Mirena coils over the years as contraception and my periods had always stopped when I had them. However, there has been zero effect on my other symptoms - bone and joint pain, brain fog, low mood, sleep disturbance etc. Would be great if my Mirena could sort that lot out too!

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 10:59:39 PM »

Is your gp planning to give you oestrogen too or just mirena? Most meno symptoms are caused by low oestrogen so I would suggest you ask for that too.