Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Crafting  (Read 2396 times)

clio

Crafting
« on: October 12, 2019, 06:44:07 AM »

Do any of you ladies like Crafting? What do you like doing and what have you made!

I've knitted donkeys for the donkey sanctuary, i also like designing and making things with construction board, I do abit of sewing too.......applique, purses

What do you ladies like doing

Clio

Sparrow

Re: Crafting
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 07:41:27 AM »

Hi Clio,

I knit, do needlepoint and cross stitch. 

I have recently bought some crochet hooks and yarn and am going to give that a go.  I have done some years ago but always associated it with blankets that old ladies have.  However, I found a really up to date project book so have been inspired.

I also want to give quilting a go but don't know whether to do hand or machine stitched.

QueenofReds3

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 08:01:42 AM »

Hi Clio
I enjoy patchwork quilting, felting and making soft toys. I find it relaxing and therapeutic 😊
I also like to have a go at pottery but have more disasters than triumphs!
xx

Sparrow

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 08:22:24 AM »

Hi Clio
I enjoy patchwork quilting, felting and making soft toys. I find it relaxing and therapeutic 😊
I also like to have a go at pottery but have more disasters than triumphs!
xx

Do you hand or machine quilt QueenoftheReds??

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 08:39:55 AM »

We have various hobbies but I can't even thread a needle however: locally there is a beading club and a general group for crafting so I took my stock of buttons/beads to the latter.  They meet every week for cake and cuppa and ladies do all kinds of craft work.  In school holiday time the younger family members join in and it heartens me to see the skills and ideas that they put into practice.

Some make fiddle bags for people in care, apparently they ease tension as it gives the fingers something to do.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 09:38:16 AM »

Over the years I have done just about every craft going .... knitting, crochet, bit of embroidery, watercolour painting, decoupage, macrame, stone painting, making rag rugs, card making, bit of sewing,  salt dough modelling, mosaics, stained glass etc.    I worked in Adult Education for many years as an Arts/Crafts Tutor and also demonstrated for groups like the WI.

Now I mainly crochet, do a bit of knitting but hope to get into  watercolour painting again some time soon.

If I knew how to add photos I would add some of my most recent crochet projects. 

QueenofReds3

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 09:54:53 AM »

Hi Shadyglade
I machine quilt. I went on a couple of courses to learn the basics. I am not the fastest learner but enjoyed learning the different techniques . X

Two hoots

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 09:56:26 AM »

I enjoy card making, patchwork and cross stitch, although I've found I can't concentrate for long now.  I have a lovely Christmas table runner waiting to be cross stitched but just can't get the oomph to start it  :-\

clio

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2019, 06:16:13 PM »

Gosh you are all very talented ladies, I do think it's nice to be creative it stimulates the mind. Clio

Viwi

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2019, 06:50:46 PM »

I love to crochet and knit, also sewing plushies - whem I'm not drawing :)

daska86

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2019, 07:36:29 AM »

I knit baby blankets, I used to do cross stitch and card making . At the moment I'm doing wine bottle lights and decorated wine glasses. I also paint stones for people to hide in memory of a local girl and raise awareness of children's cancer. I've just tried my hand at painting a Christmas platter, great fun and I met some lovely people .

Viwi

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2019, 01:53:13 PM »

daska - I would love to make blanket for my kids, but just thinking about it make me frightened XD

I have my husband jersey on lines now... it's black - the worst to make and with diamond pattern - I regret making any pattern on black wool XD

After hysterectomy I had lady in my room that was kniting something like glove for pediatritian ward - for prematured babies. When I end my husb jersey I will go ask about it - I think it's great thing :) Either way I'm at home so sometimes I'm bored :)

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2019, 03:49:03 PM »

Knitting is scary  ;D.  I have several pieces of needlework that Mum did: tracing a pattern with an iron to make a blue line which she would sew through.  Tablecloths, cushion covers ....... she also did smocking.  All skills that are having a revival.

My Mum and her sisters would knit whilst watching the TV.  My cats loved knitting needles  ;D they would sit on the sofa arms and tap as Mum used them.  It was a lovely to them.

Viwi

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2019, 05:37:33 PM »

stellajane - I know that problem, my sewing machine is hiden, and I take it out only when my kids will give me some space to use it :)

My grandma was always kniting and watching TV :) My mum never had time for nothing... So my granny teached me basic how to knit - rest was up to my imagination :) Now I'm kniting and listen music when kids are sleeping, and I can have time for myself, and relax... not think about wanting to kill someone... :D My chinchillas love to play with basket for wool that I'm using - they love to get inside and make a mess there  ::)

I think any kind of hobby that can relax you, is worth doing.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2019, 07:37:42 PM »

Who needs knitting when one has chinchillas  -  all that sand to play in  ;D, great time wasters.
Pages: [1] 2