Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vagifem, hairloss and safety - response from Novo nordisk  (Read 4135 times)

Sammiejane

Re: Vagifem, hairloss and safety - response from Novo nordisk
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2019, 02:28:35 PM »

Hi hurdity

I disagree with that if you read the statement in the vagifem website where it says oral estrogel side effects should be taken into account , it then has full stop and then clearly says he most commonly reported side effects of vagifem are : which then says hairless so i am taking that as maybe people using it have reported hairloss ! I also agree though that from my personal experience systemic estrogens do also cause hairloss as I know many women who have had hysterectomy take oestrogen only and have hairloss me being one of them that is 5 yrs post meno had no hairloss from low levels of hormones until initiating hrt and it's not thyroid or lack of vit as bloods all normal and this would be apparent within the 4 yrs I didn't take hrt ! People are quick to blame progesterone but I think estrogen is culprit and with women who take this alone is because of the increase in estrogen and its ratio to other hormones causing an imbalance all 3 hormones need to be replaced not just one , so I'm experimenting at the moment by using 3 pumps of gel and adding in progesterone to see if this improves my hair and other symptoms ! One question though is 3 pumps of gel to much for 100mg of progesterone ?

Carol

Re: Vagifem, hairloss and safety - response from Novo nordisk
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2021, 05:05:29 PM »

Hi There,
             I know your post was a long time ago but I have recently had unexplained hair loss and it is very upsetting. I have recently been taking Livial and I think this might be the cause. I also had covid quite badly back in May and this too might have caused shedding. I am awaiting blood results and I'm taking hair supplements to help too. It started the third week in July and is thankfully slowing down a bit.  Before Livial I was on Activelle and femoston conti , I didn't feel any different taking them so asked the doctor for a change. She offered Livial. My symptoms were mood swings and tiredness mainly. She also mentioned the oestrogen gel pumps and the utrogestan tablets but I think after reading all about different HRT I will just not bother taking any of it ! How did you go on with your hair loss and did you find the cause please ? Kind regards Carol.
Pages: 1 [2]