Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Lots my pack of HRT :(  (Read 820 times)

LinP

Lots my pack of HRT :(
« on: October 05, 2019, 12:47:52 PM »

Hello all, I've so far been a lurker on here (do they still call it that?) But I'm posting because I need a bit of advice from you knowledgable lot.

I'm on I think my 3rd cycle of Femoston and my first cycle of the higher 2/10 pills.

I think I'm starting to feel less furious so that's good.

But I e just managed to lose my pill pack. I had I think 3/4 of the prog ones left and as yet no period.

Do I start a new pack with the estrogen ones early? Or do I sacrifice my next pack (reluctant to do that because of the shortage of these things right now (a whole other topic that genuinely deserves my rage) and steal a few from there and call that pack a ‘spare' pack.
What would you do?

Any advice gratefully received from a 47 year old relative newbie to all things menopause.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Lots my pack of HRT :(
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 02:11:32 PM »

:welcomemm:  can't help, sorry.  Someone should be along with advice.

LinP

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 02:25:57 PM »

Thank you! To be fair it's a really tricky one.  I'm just hoping someone has experiences similar or has a good suggestion.  I never really used the pill either so not very close up!

:welcomemm:  can't help, sorry.  Someone should be along with advice.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 02:29:44 PM »

Maybe if you put the product name into the search box here threads will pop up if anyone else has done similar?

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 04:11:34 PM »

There are two issues, build up of the lining and the hrt cycle getting out of step with your own. It's unlikely skipping one bleed will do long term harm (my lining was still thin after 40 years of a natural 6 week cycle). If your cycle gets out of step with the hrt cycle you may find you have bleeds at any stage of the cycle, sometimes twice. If you still have a regular 28 day cycle I would continue with prog from the next pack to keep to the 28 days. If you don't I would still take the prog but you could stretch the oestrogen phase by a few days for the next cycles until you're back in step if you'll have difficulty getting more.