Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: 6 months on sequential HRT, 4 bleeds and only 1 at the expected time  (Read 710 times)

Sparkler

Dear ladies

I am in quandary because my bleeding pattern is all over the place, but I FEEL ok. HRT has returned me to my old self in loads of ways, but the bleeding is all over the place. 6 cycles of HRT with 4 bleeds and no pattern at all. For 2 of the cycles I didn't bleed at all, two were 10 days after stopping the progesterone, one was half way through the progesterone and the other was at the ‘right time'.

Is it possible that the utrogestan is having no effect on me at all? It seems as though it doesn't do anything except make me sleep better. This kind of bleeding is as erratic as before HRT. One month there were just 16 days between bleeds.

I am on Evorel 50 (need to switch to something else soon because of supply issues) and 200 mg utrogestan orally 12 days a month.

I have previously posted about whether to try and tie in the utrogestan with my own cycle, but now I think my own hormones are just intermittentently way stronger than the HRT.

I have GP appt later this month but they generally just do what I suggest, so you ladies will have better experience and advice I think. What should I do?

Sparkler
X

Hurdity

Re: 6 months on sequential HRT, 4 bleeds and only 1 at the expected time
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 08:07:01 AM »

You could try using the Utrogestan vaginally and see if it makes a difference, alternatively taking it with food which may increase absorption.

Hurdity x

Sparkler

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 08:15:32 PM »

Thx Hurdity,

I really hope I can find a way of making it work as I feel so much better otherwise. Should I ask for a scan do you think? Maybe I'm bleeding often enough to not worry?

S
X

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 09:05:10 AM »

I have the same problem mainly because I have a natural 6 week cycle (but a bit variable) and there's no way it will comply with a 4 week hrt cycle. My own cycle is stronger than the hrt one. I'm on gel/utro now but was the same with evorel sequi. I can tell when I ovulate so start taking utro then. If there are no symptoms I take it at 4 weeks. If you can tell it might be worth trying something similar. As long as you're having a proper bleed your lining should stay thin.

Sparkler

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 07:33:18 PM »

Thank you for your help Hurdity, Stellajane and Sheila99

Now I am thinking about it I do definitely know when I ovulate, so that sounds sensible. I like the plan of take it after 4 weeks if ovulation has not occurred. Will also try Vaginal Utro to see if that helps.

S
X