Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Mirena coil, positive experience of side effects diminishing?  (Read 659 times)

EleanorB

Mirena coil, positive experience of side effects diminishing?
« on: September 22, 2019, 09:26:34 AM »

Hello,

Any fellow mirena coil users have experience of side effects diminishing with time?

I am 2 years into meno. Previously using unopposed oestrogen due to migraines but the appearance of  polyp and subsequent hysteroscopy  on Monday meant progesterone became a necessity. (The polyp is benign)

So far am doing better than expected with the mirena in the first week. I expected a possible massive migraine backlash, but am very fatigued. The op was stressful which will have taken a physical and mental toll but I suspect it may be the mirena. Anyone else had fatigue which subsided?

Any input greatly appreciated. As a migraineur the mirena really is my best option so loathe to lose it.

Two hoots

Re: Mirena coil, positive experience of side effects diminishing?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 10:43:20 AM »

I had polyps removed in August, the biopsy showed changes in the cells and I was offered a hysterectomy or D and C to remove the thickened lining and then a mirena fitted to try and stop the lining thickening again.

A hysterectomy sounded very drastic so I opted for mirena which I had fitted on Friday.  I've had no symptoms but it's very early days for me. I don't take any other HRT.

I have been given a leaflet with side effects which I read quickly but have put away as I don't want to look for problems, I want to forget it's there, if anything is seriously wrong I'll know.

It's nice to know someone else has had it fitted recently and I hope it helps us both  :)

There is a thread about mirena experiences, It's in the "other health discussion" section.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 10:53:56 AM by Two hoots »

EleanorB

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 05:57:15 PM »

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. Although i'm on hrt I got the impression the mirena would have been advised strongly anyway as this was my second polyp removal. Fingers crossed it works for both of us.

I also didn't want to dwell on side effects as it made so much sense to have it. I just have to hope things settle post op. I was really anxious as I opted for spinal anaesthesia and didn't Know what to expect.

Peripurple

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 06:01:10 PM »

Hi,

I had a mirena fitted back in May, and experienced the most awful fatigue for about 3 weeks after it was fitted.  However after the 3 weeks I feel great.  My GP said the mirena can sometimes do this.

EleanorB

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 06:06:37 AM »

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know, it's comforting to hear. Hopefully things will go the same way for me.