Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan early bleeding  (Read 526 times)

MammaK

Utrogestan early bleeding
« on: September 19, 2019, 01:37:02 PM »

I have been using Estrogel 1-2 pumps + Utrogestan 200mg vaginally for 10 months. Hot flushes, palpitations, dryness gone. Yay! However, I am having issues with Utrogestan which Doc prescribed for 12 days of the month. After only 4-5 days I get a bleed which is light/moderate and feel grim anxiety during that time. My annual scan showed no thickening of the uterus lining. Questions: Is my body very sensitive to 200mg, should I reduce to 100mg?  Should I be concerned about these early bleeds, why do they happen so quickly? What can I do about the dire anxiety? Thanks in advance for your feedback, wise ones 😊

Jari

Re: Utrogestan early bleeding
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 03:25:12 PM »

Hi Mammak, just to get an idea, how old are you? Are you already post menopause?
Welcome to the forum btw! :)

Hurdity

Re: Utrogestan early bleeding
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 07:15:24 PM »

Hi there Mamma K

:welcomemm:

Yes I would be interested to hear the answers to the questions Jari asked.

If you are peri-menopausal ie you hadn't been 12 months without a natural period before starting HRT then your own cycle can kick in so your hormones override the HRT ones as HRT does not suppress the natural cycle. This could explain the bleeding after a few days.

If post-meno - then not sure why you would bleed early. Can you say at what point in the HRT cycle the scan was done and also what the actual lining measurement was? If the scan was Ok though - then don't worry and depending on the thickness and when it was done - yes you could consider a trial of reducing the dose - but it could make bleeding worse? Have a word with your doc?

As for the anxiety - when does this occur? If during the prog phase then that's par for the course I'm afraid but you could possibly instead of reducing the dose just extend the cycle a little but ( only if post-meno or nearly so) so that you didn't have to take it so often. If you're feeling it all the time then maybe increase the gel to two full pumps but then don't alter the prog until you've settled onto the higher oestrogen dose to see how your womb lining behaves and what happens to your bleeds.

Hurdity x