Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Itchy and sore down below  (Read 2099 times)

menowoman

Itchy and sore down below
« on: September 13, 2019, 11:19:29 AM »

Hi everyone. I'm 56 and almost 2 years since my last period. My first and main meno symptom has been vaginal problems. It seems I had va even during my last few months of periods. Been on vagifem for 3 years, twice a week, for this (itchy and sore and repeated utis). Soory if the following is tmi. Anyway the last few months sex has been a bit sore but it seems to be more at the entrance rather than further up and is usually OK once we get going but at first......   I've treated for thrush and bv but I'm sure it's the va. Was going to try Yes vag moisturiser but can anyone tell me if this comes with applicators as that's what I want? I'm confused by their website. Also wondering if maybe a good idea to up vagifem dose (but if it works why am I sore at the entrance? The outside seems OK). Any ideas.?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Itchy and sore down below
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 11:41:27 AM »

Hi!  I would do a reload: every night for at least 2 weeks as well as spreading cream around the outer/inner labia.  I find that 'ovestin' works for me, along with KY Jelly - some ladies use 'yes' or 'sylc' products.  Maybe put both into the 'search' box here to see what pops up? Make notes ;-)

:welcomemm:

I have a tender spot slightly inside the vagina which nips if I am not using 'ovestin' enough!  So spread a little vaseline or other lubricant around the whole area.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 11:44:28 AM »

Do a reload and then up your weekly dose, i am same age as you and i have never managed on the twice a week dose. Also try and use the applicator half way up and perhaps get some Ovestin to use on the outer bits.

Like you i also got VA whilst still having periods.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 11:45:50 AM »

I was very dry really high up during menstruating.  At the end of each period it would feel dry but that would go off once the bleed had stopped.  Never associated it with potential problems  ::)

Joaniepat

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 02:47:09 PM »

Was going to try Yes vag moisturiser but can anyone tell me if this comes with applicators as that's what I want? I'm confused by their website. Also wondering if maybe a good idea to up vagifem dose (but if it works why am I sore at the entrance? The outside seems OK). Any ideas.?
Yes products can be obtained either in a tube or as single use vials. The tubes do not have application nozzles, so you have to apply with a finger, or transfer product to an applicator bought elsewhere. Stressnomore do good ones that are syringe style, round-ended. The Yes single-use applicators are expensive, so when I use Yes VM I buy the tube and use my own applicator.

I agree with the others about upping the Vagifem and using either Ovestin or Estriol Cream on the outside bits. For penetrative sex, plenty of lube. Yes OB and Yes WB combined, known as 'slide and glide' might be something to try, there is info on their website and I think they will send you samples.

Hope this answers your question.

JP x

Sammiejane

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 08:10:04 PM »

Hi ladies

Have any of u had thinning hair using vagifem ?

Also I use ovestin twice a week but find when I do it on a Monday and Friday come say Thursday I get dampness again say a day before next dose due could I need to up the ovestin to three times a week as I think its va.
Although have been experiencing pelvic pain and irritation in urethra discharge and pressure behind clitoris is this va ?

My perineum area also feels low down sagging ?

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 08:12:01 PM »

If the vagina is damp then the product is 'doing it's job'. 

Sammiejane

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2019, 11:45:06 AM »

CLKD

Hi there , I was using Estrogel 2 pumps however turns out I'm not obsorbing it well I apply it on inner thighs one pump each leg and I felt fine on it and believe it was working to help VA symptoms I tried increasing to 3 pumps but felt very anxious and jittery on higher dose I don't take progesterone as no uterus or ovaries x I've recently swapped to the estradiol patch and 50 wasn't enough so am on 75 and within 3 days I notice my vagina dryer as when I insert the Ovestin applicator it's dryer normally it slide in but last night I had to do it slowly as was dry and I'm thinking to maybe increase Ovestin 3 times a week instead of 2 I only swapped from the gel because menopause said I wasn't obsorbing well but if VA starts to get worse I shall go back on the gel .
Also I notice thinning scalp hair on the gel and thought would stop changing to a patch but actually more hair is coming out I know only been 3 days but how long will it take to see improvement or worse ?

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2019, 04:55:26 PM »

Luckily I haven't had hair loss problems.  But I would prefer that to having razor blades up there  :o ............ I decided years ago that should I have hair loss I would have my head shaved  ::) and as I wear hats in the Winter ......... in reality, would I  :-\  ???

Sammiejane

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2019, 04:45:35 PM »

CLKD

What treatments do you use which estrogen ? Progesterone ? And vaginal estrogen ?

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2019, 05:44:48 PM »

Luckily I require 'ovestin' into the vagina and no other products

Tracey E

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2019, 07:31:01 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm off to the the doctors today to ask for some topical VA treatment. I've come off Estrogel so I'm expecting my soreness down below to return. :( Previously for me Vagifem twice weekly wasn't working so I will ask for it everyday but could I ask what extra Estrogen products would boost my vagi bits? :) I have Yes, Sylk and KY for lubricants. Thanks. X

Joaniepat

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2019, 08:03:39 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm off to the the doctors today to ask for some topical VA treatment. I've come off Estrogel so I'm expecting my soreness down below to return. :( Previously for me Vagifem twice weekly wasn't working so I will ask for it everyday but could I ask what extra Estrogen products would boost my vagi bits? :) I have Yes, Sylk and KY for lubricants. Thanks. X
There are two creams containing estriol that you can apply to the external bits, Ovestin and Estriol Cream. Ovestin is the stronger of the two. Be careful the KY as it's not recommended for this area. Yes products and Sylk are fine.

JP x

misskh

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2019, 03:06:16 PM »

I've just returned from seeing my Dr with on going problems down there...dryness, sore and burning.
I use Vagifem twice weekly but still suffer.
She has prescribe me a cream to see if I prefer it, suggesting using it nightly for the first two weeks then twice weekly there after.
I asked if I could use both cream and Vagifem once the initial 2 weeks were over and she said that it isn't recommend...

Does anyone do this?

Sweetscarlett

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2019, 03:45:05 PM »

Yes I use vagifem and ovestin on outside bits, but I also need  full HRT too. I started with the initial 14 days, now I use both products twice weekly but just had to do a reload because I was getting a bit sore

❤️Ss x

Pages: [1] 2