Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Need to wash skin again for am pm split of estrogel?  (Read 963 times)

Bobidy

Need to wash skin again for am pm split of estrogel?
« on: September 11, 2019, 09:52:19 PM »

Hi

Could you please advise if I need to wash inner thighs again at night before I put on my split dose of estrogel.

I haven't been doing but it occurred to me tonight that maybe I should for absorption.

I'm hoping not as the am/pm split dose itself is a faff (I'm getting used to it now but never feel clean!).

Thanks x

Ladybt28

Re: Need to wash skin again for am pm split of estrogel?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 11:11:46 PM »

Bobidy - I think I answered this somewhere on another thread but, sometimes, if I have to get up for work early and don't have time for a shower and I only had a "cats lick" in the evening before (back late from work) then I don't wash my thighs every time I dose. Its fine, I have never had trouble with absorption but then I don't have trouble with using the gel generally.  Some ladies don't like the feel of it on their skin but it doesn't worry me.

Also I don't split the dose - it is 4 pumps on the thighs - sometimes my upper arms but usually my thighs all in one go.  Also I am not that specific about the time.  If I get to lie in and be a lazy whatsit then it gets put on whenever I'm up xx

How are you getting on with the split dose thing anyway - how long has it been?

Bobidy

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 03:31:43 AM »

Thanks, my memory is like a sieve these days. I thought it probably should be okay. I think I'm trying to be too regimented with it all and frightened of doing it wrong.

Well I've tried different connotations with it: all in the morning; all at night; split the dose.

I've gone up to 3 pumps and I'm going to up to 4 I think as I was still overheating. I find that amount of gel too much for all in one go, even with my generous thighs ;) It ends up all over my inside and front thighs (not sure if that is okay).

I did try all in the morning, which is what I would really prefer. Then tried all at night, but felt a bit rubbish late afternoon (could be coincidence of course). I'm trying to persevere with splitting it. I'm still waking at 3ish every night no matter what I do but I do think it's worse if I apply at night, which I guess makes sense if there is peak absorption after 4/5 hours (again could just be coincidence).

I was worried about going up to 4 pumps as it seems a lot but 2 definately wasn't enough for me. I think I've read somewhere that younger women do tend to need higher doses.

It's difficult to judge the best dose as I don't have night sweats or traditional hot flushes to gauge against, just general feelings of hotness (maybe that is a flush) and the multitude of other symptoms.

I'm adding Androfemme to the regime in a couple of weeks, which will hopefully be my missing link for brain fog, muscles and libido (fingers crossed). My oestrogen levels were still quite low on 2 pumps so I wanted to get them raised a bit more prior to adding the testosterone. Honestly, I feel like Frankenstein's monster or something with all this experimenting! The peri fluctuations make it hard to get consistency with it all and I won't know when that's done due to my hysterectomy so it is very much trial and error.

Ladybt28

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 12:35:25 PM »

I have tried to reduce to 3 pumps but cant manage it.  4 is the optimum for me and I have played around with all sorts!  I slap 2 pumps on each thigh and rub it in and don't wait for it to dry.  Mine goes over my inside and front of my thighs and it's fine.
My GP was pretty clear that 4 was fine when I complained I "just didn't feel well" on 2 and after about 2 weeks of 4 I started to feel a bit better but it still took a while to get things straight (well as straight as they can be  :-\).

There is nothing really that you can do that is wrong except maybe use more than 6 pumps.  Now that sounds a lot and it is controversial but there are ladies who have posted here that the total max in some rare cases is 6 and consultants have recommended it but its not to be done without supervision.

It is wise to get it better before adding T and you will feel like a lab rat but its the only way to work out what suits you. x

Bobidy

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 01:47:44 PM »

Thanks for the reassurance ladies. X