Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Different Kinds of Oestrogen.  (Read 4417 times)

Whatsupwiththis

Re: Different Kinds of Oestrogen.
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2019, 08:28:18 PM »

KiltedCupid...I believe that is the case.  The U.S. have 2 or 3 oral estrone pills.  In Canada I think we have just the 1.  As I am not eligible for HRT (other than topical), I'm not familar with the benefits of oral or transdermal.  Interesting topic....

KiltedCupid

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2019, 09:00:26 PM »

KiltedCupid...I believe that is the case.  The U.S. have 2 or 3 oral estrone pills.  In Canada I think we have just the 1.  As I am not eligible for HRT (other than topical), I'm not familar with the benefits of oral or transdermal.  Interesting topic....

Yes, it's really interesting and I know you ladies over the pond have the option of bi-est and tri-est compounded creams which some do very well on.

Hurdity

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2019, 01:24:19 PM »

It's my understanding that oral oestradiol hrt is converted into high levels of estrone and lower levels of E2. There's some conversion to estrone with transdermal but nowhere near as high as oral.

This is correct and FYI was highlighted in more detail at the beginning and ealrier on in this thread, which you might not have seen as you are new!

Yes, it's really interesting and I know you ladies over the pond have the option of bi-est and tri-est compounded creams which some do very well on.

As explained earlier on in this thread (do please have a read) and what I was referring to above - we do not need to have estrone tablets because the metabolism of estrone and estradiol is interrelated and anyway estrone is much weaker. As far as I understand it interconversion between the two continues post-menopause in target tissues - and estradiol can continue to exert its beneficial effects where there are receptors.

Compounded creams are not approved in UK nor in US by the medical authorities nor academic menopause societies. There is an enormous amount of info on this on this forum, and elswhere through position statements - although is the subject of another thread (you will find several if you search!).

Hurdity x

KiltedCupid

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2019, 01:52:38 PM »

Thank you Hurdity. I'm aware. Just chatting re.product differences and user experiences with our Canadian friend.

Alicess

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2019, 07:34:28 PM »

Hi Kathleen, if you are still interested, I found this information on Wiki about not only absorption of different kinds of administration of estradiol but also conversions to estrone etc.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmacokinetics_of_estradiol#
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]