Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Advice please hrt or not ?  (Read 696 times)

friend of lhasa apso

Advice please hrt or not ?
« on: September 04, 2019, 05:26:15 PM »

Hi everyone,
Well again after feeling 6 months pregnant with swollen tummy and then this new health scare I took my patch off .
I think I'm post meno now ,I'm 53 and started hrt as felt so exhausted all the time ,insomnia and low mood ,no libido .
 I don't have much faith in my Gp .
 So I'm a couple of days off patch which was evorel 25 and utrogestan 100 for 14 days of the month .
I'm so frustrated with myself today as can't get going feel so lethargic .
Also can't seem to sleep till 1.30 to 2 am and feel anxious .
I'm posting because I don't know what to do for the best .

Starting to get flushes now and very hot at night need fan on constantly .
   I would say the lethargy ,anxiety and insomnia low libido are the worst symptoms.
       Any advice would be welcome ☺
    I've only had about 2 months on this regime but no bleed ,which I put in previous post

friend of lhasa apso

Re: Advice please hrt or not ?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 09:30:32 PM »

Can any one advise ?

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 09:54:21 PM »

If you didn't have the swollen tummy I would say go back on the hrt and increase to 50 as everything else are symptoms of insufficient oestrogen a d 25 is a low dose . My anxiety and insomnia took 3 months to improve so I think you should give it longer before concluding it hasn't worked. You may need to add testosterone but your oestrogen needs to be stable first. But I don't know about the implications of the swollen tummy. Perhaps try a search if you don't get an answer on this post.

friend of lhasa apso

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 11:53:15 AM »

Thank you for answering Sheila99☺
  I was on Evorel 50 before and started to feel hyper ,heart racing etc, so cut down to the 25 also had the bloating on that .
   Well last night had the best nights sleep in a long time (hurray!!!) And tummy looks better and have more energy ,what's that about ? Maybe my hormones are settling ?I don't know it's all very confusing isn't it ?
   It would be wonderful if that's the case ,fingers crossed x