Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Ahhhh...rollercoaster!  (Read 1543 times)

Focus

Ahhhh...rollercoaster!
« on: September 04, 2019, 01:04:32 PM »

Darn it, I'm on my fours days off my combined pill and I'm sure my oestrogen levels are plummeting. I've had palpitations pretty constantly, and really bad night sweats every single of these four nights.

Plus, I'd been taking the pill continuously since early May, and I've barely had any 'withdrawal bleed'.

Starting taking it again tomorrow.

Maybe I should just take one today? Start again a day early? I'm not taking them for contraception, but to manage symptoms.

Focus

Re: Ahhhh...rollercoaster!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 01:33:58 PM »

Also feeling angsty as I'm packing for a two week work trip to the Middle East (never been there, no idea what to wear), a two week holiday with just hand luggage  literally straight after, and a big work event over one weekend literally straight after that.

Feeing a bit tearful and stressy today.

Katejo

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 01:44:38 PM »

Also feeling angsty as I'm packing for a two week work trip to the Middle East (never been there, no idea what to wear), a two week holiday with just hand luggage  literally straight after, and a big work event over one weekend literally straight after that.

Feeing a bit tearful and stressy today.
I can't advise really because i have only been to Egypt for 1 short holiday many years ago. However how can you pack for a 2 week trip with only hand luggage. I couldn't. I am about to go to Italy for 1 week and I have to have hold luggage plus a small daysac.
You will probably need clothes which cover your arms/head.

Focus

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 02:00:08 PM »

Lol...I'm a total master packer : o)

That's not the part that stressing me. It's the Middle East dress code bit. I'm quite short and small so all of my skirts are above the knee or shorter. If I have longer dresses, they're super skin tight. All of  my trousers are tight and all of my lighter fabric summer tops are sleepless. Otherwise I honestly just look like I'm wearing someone else's clothes.

If ever go somewhere warm/on holiday I just wear short skirts and shorts, and sleepless tops or bandeau tops.

It's going to be 40 degrees plus (with fierce air con inside), so that rules out the tight trousers for starters...

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 03:20:30 PM »

Focus, have you been to Egypt before ? I have been multiple times, and have never worried too much about what to wear.
If you are going to a beach resort, you just wear beach clothes. If you are going around the ancient sites, long shorts and t-shirts are fine.
It is more relaxed in Egypt than in somewhere like Dubai. But even in Dubai I wear a bikini by the pool. Then float about in a maxi skirt and vest top in the hotel.
You may want to cover up more because of the risk of sunburn in 40 degree heat !!

Focus

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 04:02:45 PM »

Thank you.

It's abu Dhabi we're going to. We don't have much time off, just a couple of days. The rest of the time we're working really.

Looking forward to the heat, but going to get some sunscreen...definitely. I don't think I'll ever have experienced such fierce sun.

We're got a city tour in our schedule on our first day there, from 11.00-3.00pm. I'm guessing we'll be in a bus? They'll not be expecting us to walk around at that time of day, especially on our first day, will they?

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 04:43:22 PM »

However how can you pack for a 2 week trip with only hand luggage. I couldn't.
Easy where it's hot, I never take hold luggage. Went to Iceland for a fortnight in October with hand luggage, I just looked like Michelin man because I wore it.

Focus

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 04:59:33 PM »

Ha ha ha...that's exactly what I do too!!

I know I'm going to be cold after finally coming back here from basically two weeks in 40+ degree heat, then two weeks in 30 odd degree heat, so I'm wearing my denim jacket when we go away on holiday and wearing my mid season coat over that as well. Wearing my jeans and trainers to travel in too (bulkiest items). Sorted.

All that's going in my hand luggage is shorts, two very small skirts, a handful of tops, basic makeup (multiuse products), one bright lipstick, handful of summer jewellery to change my look up, coupla pairs of flat sandals. Everything is either back, denim or white, so it all goes together.

I can wear my denim jacket out in the evenings when we're on holiday if it gets below 25 degrees :)

dangermouse

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 05:02:30 PM »

When I went to AD it was pretty laid back covering shoulders/knees-wise.

I walked about in vest tops (after I'd checked with friend I was with who lives there) and just had pleasant smiles from locals.

I'd take the pill today and have a shorter break. When I used to be on the pill in peri, even a 2 day break would cause my hormones to start surging again, but I remember you tried it back to back but needed a short break to control spotting so a couple of days should be fine.

Focus

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 05:35:10 PM »

Brilliant, thank you.

Just a quick question...what happens when I finally have to come off the pill (at whatever point in the future that might be)? Am I faced with the horrible rollercoaster again? But without the relief of being able to take the pill again? And I just have to survive without it? I'll have these awful symptoms for as long as it takes for them to subside, or whatever comes next?

Focus

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2019, 08:30:00 AM »

Took a pill last night. Aw man, what a difference!

I had the best sleep in I don't know how long. Only woke up when my fiancé called me on his way to work (he always does, and we have a wee chat for a few minutes). Fell asleep again, and not long awake. Which is amazing, as I've usually been awake for 4 or 5 hours by this point.

Also, quite warm, but not drenched in sweat last night.

I think I feel normal today. Lovely :))