Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Vagifem application  (Read 981 times)

shrosphirelass

Vagifem application
« on: August 28, 2019, 11:35:52 AM »

I was prescribed vagifem along with HRT last year. Didn't use the vagifem and things improved with HRT. However, recently have got much drier and feeling a bit sore so feel like I should try it.

I'm really nervous about this. Can I ask is it easy to do? The applicator looks so long so I'm guessing it needs to go a long way up? Is it better to do it at night? Sorry if these are obvious questions. I know I'm being silly, but I feel anxious about it.

Katejo

Re: Vagifem application
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 12:12:41 PM »

I was prescribed vagifem along with HRT last year. Didn't use the vagifem and things improved with HRT. However, recently have got much drier and feeling a bit sore so feel like I should try it.

I'm really nervous about this. Can I ask is it easy to do? The applicator looks so long so I'm guessing it needs to go a long way up? Is it better to do it at night? Sorry if these are obvious questions. I know I'm being silly, but I feel anxious about it.
  It isn't difficult. Sometimes I fully insert and other times I do it half way. I usually do it at night, just before bed.

Gracie65

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 02:38:04 PM »

Hi There,

I was the same as you, very nervous about using applicator and I had never used tampons either!  I put it in slowly, angling slightly towards your back as opposed to straight up with one foot up on toilet and it was fine.  GP said to insert more or less the length of it up to the first wee ridge which is about 9cm.
I would go a bit less than that until you get used to it. Hope that helps, just don't force it and you will start to get a feel for when it is right.

Grace x

Radoy

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 02:46:29 PM »

Vagifem is wonderful. My GP said all women of a certain age should be offered it because it protects against things like prolapse as well as the benefits in keeping a normal sex life. I stopped having UTIs within the first month of taking it.

The application looks long, but it's just like a tampon and after a few tries was no problem.

Literally - life changing. Go for it.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 04:06:16 PM »

Thanks, I've never used tampons so am nervous though if a 9 pound 15oz baby can come out I'm sure I should be able to do it, just squeamish and silly! Would it be easier lying on the bed do you think?

Gracie65

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 04:47:21 PM »

Yes give that a try and just a bit a time. I didn't think I would ever manage and it was fine, don't even give it a thought now and it really helped so much x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 07:00:11 PM »

Thank you, I will give it ago later!

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2019, 07:40:46 PM »

I just shove it up when I'm passing the drawer on the day that it's due to be inserted. I just stand there and do it and then carry on with whatever I was doing (apart from vigorous jumping or running immediately following!). So wherever it lands internally is where it sticks! I did prefer the Orthogynest pessaries when they were made but unfortunately they aren't around any more....

Go for it! Lol re the baby! That's a big one! Mine were all between 8 and 9 pounds!

Hurdity x

Wrensong

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2019, 07:56:41 PM »

It's not at all uncomfortable as such a slim applicator.  I do it easily standing up, last thing before bed, but you could try lying down at first if you're nervous, as muscles tend to be more relaxed that way.  I'm tiny & have had no kids - so you should be fine!!
Wx

shrosphirelass

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2019, 09:59:25 AM »

Thanks all. Did manage it last night. Not sure if I did it quite deep enough but at least I had a first go and yes you're all right it wasn't difficult atall!

Is it usual to feel nauseus initially as I'm feeling really sick today?

Wrensong

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2019, 12:27:20 PM »

Well done!  You can try to insert a little further if you think you need to, as you become more relaxed.   I have felt nauseous starting a new systemic regime but not Vagifem.  Hopefully others will be along to give their experiences soon.

Gracie65

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2019, 02:12:27 PM »

Tha'ts great and glad its was fine! I don't remember any nausea, probably just coincidence x