Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HRT supplies running dry?  (Read 945 times)

Aerogirl

HRT supplies running dry?
« on: August 26, 2019, 04:09:32 PM »

Hello all I'm new here. I am 42, with a premature menopause diagnosis and currently on evorel 75 patches with utrogestan. I didn't realise it was menopause for a long time and had a hideous few years as a single parent and a nurse, with young kids (terrible sleep, crippling anxiety, brain fog, atrophy of any remotely female qualities). I reckon things went sharply downhill from when I was about 36. I actually was told it was chronic fatigue syndrome after multiple consultations, till I finally had my hormones checked!

Anyhow,  fast forward to now, and I have just found an hrt regime that works and am under an nhs menopause clinic. Finally feeling like my old self and living life again. Even rediscovered a long lost libido!

So I need a new prescription in two weeks and will see my gp for this,  but I'm reading that pretty much all the transdermal hrt is imminently running out till mid next year. Really worrying now that I will go downhill again. It seems so cruel. Does anyone know how to get some stocks from abroad? I heard it can be bought over the counter in Spain? Any advice welcome (or mutual commiserations - I m sure many of you are in a similar position). Thanks for reading.

Taz2

Re: HRT supplies running dry?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 04:28:23 PM »

Hi. I've had no problems so far obtaining my transdermal. Have you been told your local pharmacy is out of stock? It's worth checking.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Aerogirl

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 04:33:47 PM »

Hello Taz, no I haven't had a problem yet, but according to suppliers alerts all the Evorel patches will run out very soon. Some from mid September , others in November. My patch of 75mg has a run-out date of Oct 5th. They won't re-stock till mid next year.

It is running out because other people transferred to Evorel after another manufacturer stopped a different transdermal preparation. Now they're all in short supply :(

vickypk

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 05:21:32 PM »

Hi
I'm using Evorel Conti. Not sure where to get that from next. One days it's big news, then another week goes by and nothing. Wonder if anything is being done. They say shortages but never really say why, just due to higher demand. Hope it gets sorted soon

Foxylady

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 05:25:27 PM »

Hi Aerogirl, I was a bit worried when I went with my Everol 75mcg patch today, asked chemist if it was going to be an issue she said wont know until we order it in. I went to pick up other half of prescription this afternoon & the patches were in the bag (they obv had some stock, but how much who knows!). x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 05:30:44 PM »

I'm on evorel sequi and put my prescription in last week. After hearing the news item on the radio I rang around all the pharamcies near me that were open yesterday. I found one with 6 boxes of sequi, which I am hoping will still be there when I retrieve my prescription tomorrow and another with 3. A couple had the odd box of conti / evorel 50. One pharamcist said categoriaccelly they wouldn't be able to get any until mid next year.

I think it is worth ringing around and asking them if they have any and if they will hold them until you get there. I was told they would hold them for a day only.

Good luck Aerogirl and anyone else trying to get any.

Aerogirl

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 05:42:13 PM »

Thanks all, I have a feeling I'm going to end up having to travel abroad for it. What a mess!

My consultant has just put the fear of God into me about the potential health implications if I don't take hrt (due to my age), and now even getting hold of it is a problem. Plus I just feel I've found the light at the end of a very long  dark tunnel. I could cry (for the first time since starting hrt - before that I was sobbing daily). Boo to the way women often seem to be treated :(

Katejo

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2019, 06:28:11 PM »

Thanks all, I have a feeling I'm going to end up having to travel abroad for it. What a mess!

My consultant has just put the fear of God into me about the potential health implications if I don't take hrt (due to my age), and now even getting hold of it is a problem. Plus I just feel I've found the light at the end of a very long  dark tunnel. I could cry (for the first time since starting hrt - before that I was sobbing daily). Boo to the way women often seem to be treated :(
  Has your consultant given you any advice about the non availability? I am also on Evorel Conti and have been having problems since early July. I managed to get 16 from the Independent Pharmacy last week but now they are out of stock. I have enough to last me 3 months but only just.
Considering a trip to Spain.  I go to Italy soon  but doubt I will be able to get any OTC there.

Aerogirl

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 07:04:00 PM »

The consultant didn't give any advice on obtaining the patches. I have no idea how this I'd not a 'huge' news issue. I'm pretty sure it would be if mens health and wellbeing were affected. I dread to think how even younger women will come, who have had hysterectomies or cancer treatment. Bit of a nightmare.

vickypk

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 07:12:36 PM »

I bought a couple of packs of Evorel conti last week on-line at the independent Pharmacy but yes as you say, I see they are out of stock. I've got about six months' stock.   
I've tried other regimes and that's the only one that I got on with.
Hope things improve soon.