Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: NHS availability oestrogel utrogestan  (Read 1520 times)

Callisto

NHS availability oestrogel utrogestan
« on: August 21, 2019, 10:46:18 AM »

Hi guys,
I know this is not new but I'd like to try to build a clearer picture  on a separate thread of where these hormones are available in U.K. on the NHS. I have realised that I've already spent thousands on private consultations and private prescriptions purely because my area Lothian, Scotland does not supply on the NHS (or so I've been led to believe ). If the rationale was because these drugs cost more I would be quite happy to pay the extra. Would be great if we could pin a map of UK onto this forum and put pins in the areas to demarcate where you can get the gel and utro on NHS! 

Ladybt28

Re: NHS availability oestrogel utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 11:22:50 AM »

Hi Callisto, I think there is a post somewhere about the supply of drugs in Scotland and Wales and what kinds are available on the NHS. I think that they are all available, but it just has to do with the "prescribing area" and the rules that they chose to apply in each area.  We had a big discussion about someone being told something wasn't available in her area of Wales but it was availale to a friend in a different part of Wales.. ???

There is someone but I cant remember who that knows about this and can comment - they may be along soon.  I can get anything I need gel, patches, pills and testosterone from the NHS in my area of Northern Ireland.  There is only 1 meno clinic here and the consultants will send letters to the gp's about testosterone prescriptions - this not always the case elsewhere.

Catcc

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 12:08:52 PM »

Hi.  This might or might not help.  But my friend told me that last month Utrogestan became available on NHS in Scotland.   She is in Forth Valley area.  She was getting it as a private prescription prior to this, and was delighted that she can now get it on NHS. 

Callisto

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 05:57:10 PM »

Thank you so much DLC, That really helped..Your message came when I was sitting at GP's surgery so I told him that I'd heard that utro was now available on NHS in some parts of Scotland..he going to ask and will get me it if it is.. like chasing the Golden Fleece or Holy Grail! Then still need to go private for gel.. one step at a time.
Thanks again 🐾C

Catcc

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 08:40:28 AM »

So glad it helped.  Hope you get it and get on well with it. 

I asked 2 of my doctors about it 6 months ago (before it was available on NHS here) - one hadn't heard of it but the other said a private prescription might be a possibility.  Then she persuaded me to start on Femoston Conti low dose which I am on just now.  Still thinking about the Utrogestan for further down the line.  Femoston is helping but I'm having awful digestive issues.  Hope they settle.

Please let me know how you get on with the utrogestan - I'd be really interested to know.

Good luck

xx

Callisto

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 10:34:44 PM »

Thank you DLC,
I have used utro for 3 years with no problems at all. The only thing is they have a bit of a sedative affect (on me anyway)which is good as I have terrible insomnia ( they are still not enough to knock me out these days).
 :-\
🐾C

Catcc

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 07:54:06 AM »

Same here.  I need something to help me sleep.   Will definitely look into trying utrogestan soon.  It's really good to hear  about people getting on well with it.  :-)