Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Vagifem  (Read 698 times)

Uniquorn

Vagifem
« on: August 19, 2019, 07:25:06 PM »

Hello. Has anyone used Vagifem at high dose? I have just started at one a day for seven days then twice a day for three to six months. My gyn is hoping this will make me more comfortable as I have VIN and a slight HPV. Both are being monitored closely.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vagifem
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 07:48:35 PM »

Your Gynae should know that it's every night for 2 weeks at least.  Some ladies require every night to keep symptoms at bay and occasionally insert two at once.

Others manage on 2 week loading and then every 4th and 6/7th nights.  Do read our vaginal atrophy threads: put 'vagifem' into the search box on here.  Make notes  ;)

:welcomemm:

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 07:57:01 PM »

Hello. Has anyone used Vagifem at high dose? I have just started at one a day for seven days then twice a day for three to six months. My gyn is hoping this will make me more comfortable as I have VIN and a slight HPV. Both are being monitored closely.
Sounds OK to me. I've heard of others using 2 a day, and of course there used to be a 25 mcg strength as well as the 10 mcg we have now. I have an Estring and use Vagifem every other day as well. I was told at the meno clinic I could use it daily if I wanted to.

Hope it helps you.

JP x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 08:09:47 PM »

Hi Uniquorn. I would say that your dosage will have been tailored to meet your individual needs to help keep you comfy due to the VIN so normal dosage rules/guidelines won't apply.

I'm not familiar with the treatment for VIN and if you are willing to share info then this may be helpful to others and also will give us a better understanding. We have a Private Lives section which can only be accessed by members of the forum. We often use this if we need to post things of a more personal nature.

You will get lots of support and friendship on here.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Uniquorn

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 07:34:37 AM »

The treatment for VIN is simply monitoring with frequent vulvoscopy. Apparently the skin can normalise itself and then all is well but it can also lead to cancer. They operate if the VIN reaches stage 3, to try to prevent cancer. So I'm basically playing a waiting game. At first I had no symptoms but as time goes on I'm having discomfort, itching and sex is painful in the area affected by the VIN. The Mirena can affect the VIN as it can dry the vaginal tissue, my Gyn wanted to remove it but I'm loathed to as it is great for me and I've had Mirena for over 15yrs. So the Vagifem is to see what my response is to the hormone, if it helps the symptoms then I perhaps will have to have the Mirena removed, I have said a firm no at the moment. I haven't yet had any bloods done for Meno but I assume the Mirena would have to be out for an accurate (as accurate as these tests are) result.
My VIN diagnosis came about after I had to have a nasty recurring cyst (not bartholin) excised from my inner labia, which I'm still having a problem with. They appear on either side. Very very sore. I wonder if the Vagifem will help that too?