Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: I am starting to feel better.......but still want your input.  (Read 943 times)

wuzzie

I am starting to feel better.......but still want your input.
« on: August 14, 2019, 01:18:23 PM »

I've been posting on here over the last week or so with horrible symptoms after being on Estrogel 2 pumps a day, Utrogestan 100mg each night, Tostran 2 pumps a week.

I have been searching for the reason, too much P, too much/too little E.  In the end I decided to up the E to 3 pumps and almost immediately within a day or two my heart flutters gone, no nausea and the intense tension and anxiety lifted.  I am still waking up VERY early but not with the crippling anxiety like before.  It took me a while to increase the dose because I was worried I would make my symptoms even worse which was terrifying. 

So really, really happy I am feeling better.  BUT, can anyone shed any light on these two things which haven't improved - Tinnitus and Burning Mouth Syndrome.

Both the tinnitus and the BMS started when I was approaching menopause but not on HRT so I can't blame HRT for that but I do think it is probably worse.  Interested to hear from anyone with either of these and any thoughts you have.

At the end of the day if I have to put up with the Tinnitus and BMS so be it.  Noting is worse that the horrendous anxiety I was experiencing and I don't intend to ever come off HRT and go back to that!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I am starting to feel better.......but still want your input.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 02:01:13 PM »

We have a thread on tinnitus here - mine is like two brass bands today - playing different tunes in each ear and neither in tune  >:(

As 4 burning mouth syndrome - I helped my symptoms by changing toothpaste.

wuzzie

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 02:06:15 PM »

Thanks CLKD.  What toothpaste did you change to?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 02:22:05 PM »

You're asking a menopausal woman  ;D - ?? sensodyne ??  but I can't remember which one: .......... was Colgate.  Despite the variations on Colgate packaging the ingredients are the same ;-). I think it was SLSulphate that caused my mouth to burn: instantly on eating chocolate, bananas .........

wuzzie

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 03:07:11 PM »

I have tried Arms & Hammer and Euthymol but still no improvement.  It seems to be worse when I have anxiety but my anxiety has dropped off a little now and mouth still burning.  It's an unpleasant thing that never really goes away but given the choice between that and anxiety I'd have BMS any day!  I have read Biotene can be helpful and will give this a go.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 03:13:01 PM »

Hi Wuzzie

I'm so glad to hear your feeling better...hope it carries on for you...
I've had tinnitus for years now, ( never diagnosed, I just know I have it) and before my hrt kicked in, it was worse than ever, mostly because of the migraines I often had, which made it worse, however, now my symptoms are under control, the tinnitus has died down. It's still there, but not so loud, hrt isn't a miracle cure, and I'm sure I'll always have it simmering in the background...I live with it, I'm just glad everything else has gone, like the horrendous anxiety and alike.....it may be one of your symptoms that's last to go....who knows?  Can't really comment on the burning mouth thing....sorry...
Good luck with everything....keep posting and letting us know.....

Jd xxx

juliemargaret

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 04:06:56 PM »

Love that yoire feeling better wuzzie. Can i ask if you take your daily utro orally or vag? Are you peri or post x

wuzzie

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 04:12:46 PM »

I am post and take  Utrogestan every night.  It really helps me to sleep.  I never thought I'd sleep again without anti-depressants.  I'm now off them and sleeping seven hours a night.  I do wake early though and recently have had terrible anxiety but that has gone now that I've upped the Estrogen dose to three.

I thought once you got through the menopause all the symptoms would subside but I realise for some people they don't go away and I think I am one of those.  I'm sure I'll be on HRT a long time.

wuzzie

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 04:13:24 PM »

Sorry, forgot to say I take it orally.

Kathleen

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2019, 04:26:50 PM »

Hello  wuzzie

I don't have  BMS myself but I read that SLS should be avoided so I use Sensodyne toothpaste and Tresemme shampoo and conditioner which is also SLS free. I noticed recently that Oxfam are selling a hair care range that   looks good and of course buying from them helps the charity. If you are using a mouthwash  that may be worth looking at as well.

Take care.

K.