Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Just started Utrogestan and oestrogel- felt so dizzy and sick!  (Read 3421 times)

Cactus

• First Flush

Hi, I'm 43, very much post menopause. Long story, started HRT when I was 37, wast really absorbing patches, started taking oral and ended up with a blood clot in my lung, took a year off HRT, went back in it again, patches not oral route, supported by a daily thinner ‘just incase'. Felt awful, lower back pain, constant headache and stopped it just short of 3 months. Had another 7 months off everything, no real meno problems now (used to have every side effect going back when it started), currently I have weight gain and foggy thinking but felt at 43 I should try and take HRT again. Was prescribed Utrogestan and oestrogel and vagifem and within 2 days of taking it started with a headache then nausea and dizziness, I only managed 6 days on it and had to stop. Still feeling rough now 7 days later, thankfully no dizziness just nausea and upset stomach, is this normal ?? Thanks everyone

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Just started Utrogestan and oestrogel- felt so dizzy and sick!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 06:47:56 PM »

You may need HRT to protect bones etc..

Maybe put the name of the products into the search box on here and see what pops up; make notes.  Nausea is awful as is anxiety.  Mix the
two  :-\.

Give yourself a break of 3/4 days then keep on with the Vagifem if you have soreness/urine infection-type symptoms.  It is unlikely to cause any problems such as you describe.

Read round.  Lack of oestrogen causes all kinds of problems  >:(.  Dry skin.  Muscle pains etc.. 

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 07:05:08 PM »

Hi Cactus. Sorry you're feeling so horrible. It could be the utrogestan upsetting your system. Have you had a look at the side effects?

You will find a lot of support and friendship on here.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Cactus

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 07:11:21 PM »

Thanks Ladies, I'm new on here.  And what a great forum, so pleased to see this, it's such a minefield to navigate the the next stage of life, just wasn't expecting it in my 30s and still having to deal with it...lack of Estrogen has ALOT to answer for...x

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 08:24:36 PM »

It might be worth taking it cyclically to start with. Most people have trouble with progesterone and this will show if this is your problem.

Cactus

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 09:28:16 AM »

Thanks Sheila  x

Mandymac50

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2019, 08:20:56 PM »

Hi I'm 49 . Started on HRT because I've young children and work full time and couldn't cope with the crashing fatigue / headaches. I've been on Estradot 50 patches for 3 weeks . I have a progesterone intolerance and so started on 100 mg Utrogestan on day 18 to take for 8-10 days. . Taking it vaginally at night . I've taken 5 capsules and have gone from feeling great to a bit of a dizzy , nauseous exhausted mess ! Feel like I've been run over by a bus . Literally after 2/3 capsules started to feel really awful and anxious. I had thought that taking the natural version and vaginally would cut out most of the side affects . Has anyone found a milder alternative to Utrogestan or should I ride it out and my system will adjust
So glad I've found this site . Thanks