Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: How long after biopsy before swimming  (Read 571 times)

Beverley727

How long after biopsy before swimming
« on: August 10, 2019, 06:50:09 PM »

I thought I was going for a chat on Thursday and ended up with biopsy! Everything was a bit of a blur but I think the nurse said no swimming for a week or two. I'm going on holiday on Tuesday so hoping it was only a week or even less? Does anyone know the answer?

Cazikins

Re: How long after biopsy before swimming
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 09:41:20 PM »

What was the biopsy done for Beverley?

Beverley727

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 07:59:05 AM »

Womb lining was 10mm so they did hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy

racjen

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 08:05:36 AM »

If she said a week or two personally I'd go for the week, probably be fine. Can you contact them before you go to double check? x

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 09:36:29 AM »

I'd contact them just to make sure. Did you have it done in a hospital as if you Google the name of the hospital plus the procedure there should be info and advice online?

Taz x

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 09:43:52 AM »

Gosh that's interesting how instructions vary. When I had hystersosocpy and biopsy I was in and out in 20 mins  - and no other instructions given for after the event - just carried on as normal. The only thing I was told was to take two paracetamol and two ibuprofen an hour beforehand and subsequently if any pain, and to expect a little bleeding or spotting possibly. Perhaps I didn't read the instructions but nothing was said! I imagine it is to prevent potential infection where the lining has been snipped? Hope you get an answer soon!

Hurdity x

Beverley727

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 10:15:06 AM »

It is strange how much things vary! There was quite a list I think that's why I'm confused - no ‘relations', baths, swimming etc. Wish they'd told me to take the pain relief before I went but only mentioned a scan on letter!

DownDillie

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2019, 12:02:47 PM »

Hmm, I also recently had a hysteroscopy and (attempted) biopsy. I wasn't told any precautionary stuff afterwards, I don't think, although I may have dismissed things I rarely do, such as swimming and taking baths.

Luckily, I was given the info about painkillers beforehand  :)

I'd be interested to hear if you get any more definite info.