Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Can I ask about symptoms?  (Read 1210 times)

Elegia

Can I ask about symptoms?
« on: August 07, 2019, 04:49:18 PM »

Newbie here
I had thought I was coasting nicely into menopause until an unexpected period in June - very hormonal build up sore breasts fluid retention spots the works - still took me by surprise after nearly nine months of nothing.

Fast forward to July and horrendous lower back ache pelvic pains and pain in thighs bingo! almost exactly four weeks another period.

Since it ended I have dull pelvic pain more of an ache really -low back pain and pain along my old c section scar . Sometimes I think the pain is ovarian other times I just have a vague general acheynesss However at the weekend I started to spot the browny/pinky end of period type blood.

Seeing GP this week -obviously google throws up all sorts of horrors - but symptoms also fit ovarian cysts and fibroids/polyps -wondering if anyone out there has had any of these symptoms ?And were they diagnosed with anything or was it just another bizarre hormonal burst?

Oh I'm 51 no HRT (yet) been coping with mild symptoms well until now. Recent smear picked up a cervical polyp but it's tiny apparently and looks unlikely to cause any symptoms from what I have read. Did have a terribly stressful period in May of this year.

Hurdity

Re: Can I ask about symptoms?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 07:31:17 AM »

Hi Elegia

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about your symptoms. All sorts of strange aches and pains do happen as we approach menopause and beyond, unfortunately - all part and parcel of being a woman! Your symptoms could well be due to cyclical hormonal changes of peri-menopause but good that you are seeing a GP to get checked out if you are concerned and hopefully all will be well :)

Hurdity x