Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sunday Times Article - style magazine. Menopause experiences  (Read 2806 times)

Foxylady

Re: Sunday Times Article - style magazine. Menopause experiences
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2019, 05:54:51 PM »

My OH has just passed it over to me so will have a read.

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2019, 08:07:02 PM »

A Glesca kiss to all who downplay Westie x

Dorothy

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2019, 03:32:38 PM »

Great article.  Though I did want to smack the lady who thinks that being positive and keeping active mean you will sail through the menopause.  I was enjoying life running my own gardening business (plenty to keep me mentally and physically active there) and if asked, would have said I was at least 10 years too young to get menopausal symptoms when it hit me. 

I'm happy to hear that other women have an easy journey through - it just bugs me when they act as if it's due to some wonderful behaviour on their part.  Ladies, if you have an easy time, be grateful, not smug!

westie

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2019, 04:17:32 PM »

Well said Dorothy its the smugness that gets to me too!

Xx

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2019, 06:05:04 PM »

I think that for some women , it becomes competitive and they seem to think that positive thinking, healthy lifestyle etc etc makes them better than the fat lardy*@rses who struggle with symptoms. All self imposed of course! And that to take HRT is an affront to womenhood. There have been various comments made online to try and put them straight...In fairness though ,unless you've experienced something yourself, how can you totally empathise? You may ( or may not have an abstract awareness ) but it can be difficult. Some women like to turn everything into a competition and need to be told in no uncertain terms that they've just been lucky and to shut up.  :bang:

westie

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2019, 09:11:45 PM »

Absolutely!

Xx

Dorothy

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2019, 09:55:41 PM »

I wonder if there's maybe also a feeling that if you have an easy meno because of your own actions/attitude, then it's under your control and you can make sure it stays easy.  But if you admit that it's not always down to what you do, then you're also admitting to the possibility that at some point, it might get worse?!

Ladybt28

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2019, 10:20:47 PM »

Couldn't have put it better myself MichelMaBelle  ;)- like if you have to take HRT you have somehow failed!  I wish they would shut up too.  Drives me insane with all this positive thinking crap....they make it sound like we can control our bodies and our minds..I spent 20 years trying that and it nearly killed me...and then all of a sudden on the right hrt...my mind and most of my body came back to me....the wrong hrt…….(although if you listen to those pesky doctors "they are all the same really... :-X"...actually they most definitely are NOT!")...well that sent me crazier than before!..... so no, it's pretty much chemically driven...and no amount of "positive thinking is going to cure your lack of hormones".

Ooops ...what was supposed to be an "I agree" turned into todays rant!..Sorry people.  xxx

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2019, 07:46:37 PM »

Lady bt- agree totally. I was spun the same old line about HRT and really became quite unwell because of the ineptitude of my GP practice. I think it's utterly shameful that so many of them don't appear to know or care little about the menopause.
Pages: 1 [2]