Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Femoston 2/10 advice re alternative treatment needed please.  (Read 1063 times)

angela27

Hi i posted back in April when i was on Zumenon and utrogestan, utrogestan brought my mood down lower and lower rang hrt clinic and they agreed for me to go back on femoston 2/10.

I am a week and a half away from being 3 months on femoston, hot flushes, nite sweats, low mood, morning headache, weepy feeling and crying all still there, dont feel like myself at all, struggling to cope with it all.

Im thinking i need my oestrogen levels raised? So i rang the hrt clinic last week explained everything they got back to me 2 days later saying they had spoke to the dr and to come off it!!, to see were i am, i suggested weaning off as it would be a shock to your system just stopping they said no she's the expert just stop.

I dont believe stopping is the answer for me at all think i would be even more of a mess at the end of it so i am continuing on struggling. Im looking for suggestions for a treatment that has a slightly higher oestrogen level (i had suggested estradot 75 mcg but apparently thats lower, i havent a clue!) whether patch or pill.

Hrt clinic say they wont do anything until my review in September but i just cant continue like this. Would be most grateful for any advice.

Lanzalover

Re: Femoston 2/10 advice re alternative treatment needed please.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 10:15:07 AM »

Good morning angela27

Sorry to read of your problems can't understand why the meno clinic suggested you stop when you have still have meno symptoms!!!

All I can suggest is you continue taking the Femoston for now, some ladies do need to take HRT for the full three months before the symptoms are controlled I know that's not the answer you wanted

If you are still having symptoms at your next review you could try  the try the gel as you can increase the dose yourself until your symptoms are controlled up to a max of 4 pumps per day if use the gel you would need a separate progesterone either Utrogestan Provera or the Mirena coil.
Estradot also do a 100 patch but  again you would need a separate progesterone.

Lanzalover x

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 10:42:56 AM »

Oh , I sooooo sympathise
I have been having similar trouble. Non compliant medics.
A long story, but I am okay with Femeston, norethesterone & utrogestan are awful for me, drove me nuts. Anyway went back on Femeston and it just wasn't enough, so I ‘accideNtly' fell on a 100mcg patch. Well - it worked didn't it. Feeling great. Told the GP that's what I was doing and she reluctantly agreed to Femeston with 75mcg patch, but she'd check with meno clinic.
Oh I wish she hadn't... they freaked not so much about the high Oestrogen, but the progesterone balance and wanted me to use 50mcg patch and uterogeston No No no, been there. Didn't work.
Luckily is still have a load of patches, but I am off to Egypt Friday and will try and buy some patches, failing that I will go back to GP and ask about ‘off license ‘ or I will go private if I have too. One thing is for sure. Meno clinic was as useful as a chocolate fire guard, so they can do one!!!!
Good luck

angela27

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 01:21:01 PM »

Thank you ladies for your replies i will carry on for the next 2 weeks and see if there is any improvement. It certainly isnt an easy ride all of this, x.