Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Not sure what to expect now I'm on femoston 2/10  (Read 1511 times)

Pinkshrimp

Not sure what to expect now I'm on femoston 2/10
« on: July 22, 2019, 05:11:10 AM »

So..I'm 51, periods been a bit erratic for a year, hot flashes just kicked in.
I went to the gp to refill my antidepressants prescription and came out with hrt instead.
( Up to this point I had totally ignored the fact that I'm at that age and should maybe look into hrt and menopause. I was, and probably still am, ignorant to a lot of age related things I should swat up on - hence joining this group to try and get educated.)
So, Ok, gp twisted my arm I thought I'd better give hrt a go, gp seemed convinced id be ok (heard that before and it's all gone horribly wrong tho.  >:(  )
So got my pack of femoston 2/10 and yay! Period started that day after 6 months without one. Now what pills do I start with? After googling I was just more confused so went to my pharmacist.   She said start at the begining with the white pills. So I did that and have now just started my second card.
 My questions now are...
 1 when will my next bleed be?  I've been very bloated and "heavy" throughout the last month but nothings happening. I kind of expected it now as I've started a new line of white pills. I have a horrible feeling when it does finally arrive it ain't gonna be good  :(
 2 Should I be expecting to feel on cloud 9? I'm tired (that's normal for me tho) the hot flashes have stopped. My mood is awfull (it was before tho and I'm off antidepressants so...) other than that and bloating, oh and my palpitations are worse,  there's been no change.  I was hoping to feel better in myself. I guess I was hoping all the random symptoms I'd had previously for years were peri and by taking hrt they would all go away. Am I putting too much faith in these magic pills or should I feel better? How do I know if I should feel better but these ones aren't suited to me?  :-\.
Please educate me ladies! ::)

NRGEE

Re: Not sure what to expect now I'm on femoston 2/10
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 05:30:25 AM »

Sorry- I can't educate you; but can sympathise.
I started femoston 1/10 and still take my antidepressants( which I am on long term).
I had my 1st ever panic attack whilst taking the HRT. I am perimenopausal and I know am anxious; but the panic attack( including palpatations) came on for no reason.
I started with the white tablets and have just finished the grey tablets. Will be starting the second blister pack tonight. I too am not sure when to expect a bleed.
I am suffering to with urinary frequency and urgency- have you got these symptoms on the femoston/
Am seeing my GP this morning to discuss all of this.
Will let you know how I get on
take care NRGEE x

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 09:02:11 AM »

Hi,
I have been on and off Femeston 1 or 2 (long story !lol) for 18 months and I love it.
With Femeston 2 I cannot remember which one first, but I know it says on the strip and in the instructions.
As for feeling a ‘difference' 3 days !!! I kid you not. It was the head fog to go first, then about 6 weeks for the anxiety to calm down- I too have been on antidepressants for 30+ years, some stuff like night sweats still linger, but no where near as bad as they were.
As for bleeds- I usually start about 3/4 days after the end of the progesterone, although once it came 2 days before the end of the progesterone, but on the whole after.
As for bloating etc, i've Never been much of a bloater, but certainly feel ‘emptied out' after a bleed.
As for peeing myself☹️, certainly better, but that has taken the longest to improve and still plays up sometimes🤷‍♀️

hereandthere

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 05:53:52 AM »

NRGEE did you find out about the frequent urination link? I've been on Femoston conti for a month (1/5) and since the very night I started getting up to pee once in the night, whereas before I didn't.
Also more bloated than before but otherwise feel better than the other HRT I've tried.

NRGEE

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 06:08:44 AM »

Two things:

1. My GP said that usually HRT HELPS ladies with urinary frequency and urgency and he didn't think that the femoston was causing my issue.

2. Took my last progesterone tablet Sunday night and my first oestrogen in blister pack 2 last night. My "period" has started this morning. Looks like a normalish( for me) bleed so far- not a light bleed; but not particularly heavy yet.

NRGEE

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 02:32:24 PM »

This morning I thought I had wet myself again ( had an accident a week or 2 ago :'( ); but when I rushed to the loo, it was a flood of blood. I was only wearing a sanitary towel. Now I have a tampon and a sanitary towel on. this being my 1st bleed on Femoston- I am not sure what to expect. Period came bang on time after stopping the grey progesterone tablets. This is definitely a plus- as prior to starting the HRT my periods were v erratic and I was never sure when they would start. My "normal periods" were heavy for 2 days and required the double protection- so this doesn't concern me. I am hoping that the flow will lighten over the next day or two.

Pinkshrimp

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 05:48:14 PM »

Well first bleed a few days into the red pills. Heavy, crampy, felt like a teenager again. I hope they will settle down.

Been back to gp because my mood was just awful. Back on the antidepressants again.

So all in all, the only difference I have on femeston is I've got flaming periods again and the hot flushes have stopped. Not sure it's worth it tbh.