Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Blood With Vaginal Atrophy  (Read 12506 times)

Wrennie

Re: Blood With Vaginal Atrophy
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2019, 05:08:47 PM »

How are you getting on today Lynne888? Have been thinking about you. Have you found someone who can help you yet? Are you any less sore?

Lynne888

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2019, 05:15:32 PM »

Hi Wrennie.. thank you for thinking of me! I tried to ring the surgery today but it rang and rang.. I waited ages and then thought I'd leave it until tomorrow. It's so busy after the weekend.  The pain is less severe today. The cream has definitely helped calm everything down but it's taken about 10 days to get to this point. The blood is still there though. It's not much, bit of watery pink on the paper with what can only be described as what looks like someone has drawn two thin lines through it with red pen (a show type of thing) if you know what I mean. I'm feeling a bit scared that the blood is still there if I'm honest.  It's a bit worse that when I first saw it a few weeks ago but then the discomfort and pain got worse too.  I'll hopefully get to speak to my GP tomorrow

Wrennie

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2019, 05:45:57 PM »

Yes - I am a novice in these VA issues myself so I am sorry I cannot be more help. You are definitely right in seeking out your GP for advice. It does seem logical to me though that the bleeding might get worse as the soreness has got worse, i.e. the two are directly related and there's nothing else going on. However I'm afraid that I don't know much!! I do hope you can get some advice tomorrow.

Lynne888

« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2019, 05:52:00 PM »

I am concerned it's not vaginal atrophy blood and something more sinister.. but we always do this don't we when we don't know the answers!  No one on here has said they have had blood for a few weeks with VA so I'm really worried about it.   I'll ring tomorrow anyway, thank you. 

Otter15

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2019, 09:26:50 PM »

Try not to worry. If you haven't been treating it and it's got really bad, you will bleed - I did. As I said too, the applicator can scratch if you're swollen inside.

Are you using the ovestin every night still? Ten days is not long if you've been bad either. When I was first given Vagifem-before I got ovestin - I had to use it every night for a month before I even started to notice any difference.

It's a horrible thing to have and can take a while to get under control.

Lynne888

« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2019, 10:27:18 PM »

Thanks Otter.. I've had two years of it getting progressively worse. When I went to see my new GP for the first time back then she took me off Vagifem and that was it.. so I know it's got very bad as it's been left so long. I DID use vagifem without her knowing from time to time but I couldn't get hold of it so I couldn't use it all the time. I can tell that I have the same problem as when I was first diagnosed because the trips to the loo have been constant, the burning is bad  (the razor blade pain) and the stomach pains are awful.  The bleeding isn't the same though.. I DID have bleeding before but this has been daily for about 3 weeks now and it's covered in mucus.  I'm almost 2 weeks into using Ovestin. I shall keep using it every day until it's more settled because the atrophy is nowhere near stable enough to drop to twice a week. 

jaycee

« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2019, 10:55:59 PM »

If you are having  actual pain now, do you think it could be cystitis? i wouldn't think you will get  pain with VA
When you ring your surgery say it's urgent, they have to see you then.
If i have been really worried i always say it's urgent, usually got in same day or day after at the latest
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 10:59:59 PM by jaycee »

Otter15

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2019, 04:18:28 AM »

Sorry you're having such a bad time with it. I don't know how you've managed for so long without anything consistent. It's awful to think this is all because you can't get the right treatment.

I get bad pains too and they're the first thing that start to ease off before anything else. I've had atrophic vaginitis twice and that's when they have been bad.

Can you not get to a hospital? Or ask today to be referred to a meno clinic?
Good luck.

Katejo

« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2019, 07:19:17 AM »

Thanks Otter.. I've had two years of it getting progressively worse. When I went to see my new GP for the first time back then she took me off Vagifem and that was it.. so I know it's got very bad as it's been left so long. I DID use vagifem without her knowing from time to time but I couldn't get hold of it so I couldn't use it all the time. I can tell that I have the same problem as when I was first diagnosed because the trips to the loo have been constant, the burning is bad  (the razor blade pain) and the stomach pains are awful.  The bleeding isn't the same though.. I DID have bleeding before but this has been daily for about 3 weeks now and it's covered in mucus.  I'm almost 2 weeks into using Ovestin. I shall keep using it every day until it's more settled because the atrophy is nowhere near stable enough to drop to twice a week.
What reason was given for taking you off Vagifem 2 years ago? Did you try to contest it? Definitely carry on using Ovestin daily. Twice a week is a tiny dose.

jaycee

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2019, 08:03:56 AM »

When i found i had VA i had awful pain too, but i had a urine infection, but normal antbiotics didn't touch it,it was a worse than a normal UTI ,maybe the same in your case Lynne, i ended up having to go to A/E and they gave me stronger ABs
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 10:00:44 AM by jaycee »

Lynne888

« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2019, 08:43:03 AM »

GP took me of vagifem and gave me ovestin for a month.  She spoke as if the Ovestin only needed to be used a month as required as she said I wouldn't need to have a bleed every 3 months as I would only have to take it for a month! It's all wrong I know! It's a very difficult situation. She absolutely hates to be challenged so I would really like to be referred so that I can speak to someone who knows what they are on about and then write to her to explain! Waiting for a phone call now.   I took a urine sample in after my visit to her and I haven't heard anything so I can only assume there wasn't an infection present. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 08:46:39 AM by Lynne888 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2019, 09:05:47 AM »

Morning: It can take up to 10 days to grow a urine sample in the Lab. depending on what they R looking for.

Your GP has no idea - maybe ask your local Pharmacist for advice re 'ovestin' and make an appt with the Practice Nurse.

Lynne888

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2019, 12:06:12 PM »

I've spoken to GP. She's sending letter to gyno and if I haven't heard anything in a month I've got to contact the surgery again. Blood is less so far today and all much calmer.

Wrennie

« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2019, 01:42:40 PM »

I am so glad that you have some attention from your GP at last Lynne. I really hope that the gynae people can give you some better advice and support. Let's hope the appointment comes through soon and that, meanwhile your symptoms continue to abate.

Kathleen

« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2019, 05:58:00 PM »

Hello Lynne888.

I just thought I'd mention that my friend who is post menopause and has never taken HRT had some unexplained bleeding. It was found to be caused by a thinning of the tissue, Iie VA and she was given some treatment. As I recall, she didn't like the prescribed cream but instead took Sea Buckthorn oil capsules for a while and the bleeding resolved.

I hope this is of use to you.

Take care.

K.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5