Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Patches, Progesterone & PMT  (Read 722 times)

Peachling

Patches, Progesterone & PMT
« on: July 15, 2019, 10:57:40 PM »

I have been prescribed evorel 50 patches and micronised progesterone pessaries. I have been told to use the pessaries for 10 days every month.

I had been using the evoral 50 sequel patches but started to suffer extreme pmt symptoms approx 10 days before my period started.

I'm confused as to when in my cycle it is best to start using the pessaries? My understanding is I will absorb less progesterone by using pessaries which will stop the pmt symptoms?  :-\

Any advise please ?

Hurdity

Re: Patches, Progesterone & PMT
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 07:18:39 PM »

Hi Peachling

:welcomemm:

Depending on how regular your natural cycle is, and how long, you count the first day of your proper period as Day 1 of the cycle. With a 28 day cycle if you've been prescribed 10 days x 200 mg then you start the pessaries on Day 17 and take them up to and including Day 26 and not on Day 27 and Day 28. Then start counting Day 1 again (irrespective of whether you bleed or not) and next time take again on Day 17 which should be 4 weeks later so easy to put on calendar from then on ie every 4 weeks. If your cycle is normally longer than this maybe adjust slightly? Also if this turns out to be out of sync with your natural cycle you might have to tweak a bit...hopefully you will experience fewer pms symptoms with the pessaries?

Perhpas you can tell us how old you are and what were your periods doing before you started HRT?

Hope this works for you :)

Hurdity x

Peachling

Re: Patches, Progesterone & PMT
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 08:38:56 AM »

Hello, thank you for your reply.

I have just turned 50.
I appear to have skipped a period for the 1st this month I haven't started the patches/pessery yet  but up until now my periods have been fairly regular every 28 days

If I didn't take HRT how could i adequately boost my estrogen levels naturally and indeed would I still need to add a source of progesterone ??