Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hair issues and feeling low  (Read 5000 times)

jaycee

Re: Hair issues and feeling low
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2019, 10:17:21 AM »

I have been told this before that it is only a small amount so wont do any harm ,but i am judging by the women who are not taking any other HRT but Vagifem and losng hair, so i am going to stop and ask my Dr if there is anything els i can use instead,or maybe wont need it if taking other HRT
If it can cause breast pain it must be able to cause other side effects

jaycee

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2019, 01:30:26 PM »

Tracy,i know it is a small amount in the vagifem, but it all startd just after being given it, well within a couple of months maybe,it is just the timing, all seems to coincide, and my argument is,if it can cause breast pain,it must be getting into the system,
The Vagifem website gives these side effects just for the vagifem, also Drugs.com, vagifem side effects
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 01:36:28 PM by jaycee »

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2019, 03:33:48 PM »

Jaycee- I know, it's really quite distressing. I'm going to try and come off HRT after I come back from holiday and see how I get on. X

jaycee

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2019, 03:49:52 PM »

MicheleMaBelle, i have stopped it all for now at least,it is really getting me down and stressing me out, which wont help i know

NuclearScientist, did you have any reasons given as to why your hair is in such bad condition, i don't think you will get an answer,that is the annoying thing,so you still have no idea, so can't do anything about it

NuclearScientist

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2019, 09:51:38 PM »

I stopped the vagifem too as it seems to make my hair behave really badly, soft, frizzy, dry, floppy and very difficult to style or maintain any style.
 I will ask about Ovestim which I saw you take now when I go back to menopause clinic.
I suffer soreness especially if I wear trousers and itchiness sometimes general discomfort so I do think I need something I never had issues like this when I took the pill for 28 years.

Sammiejane

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2019, 10:45:37 PM »

Hi ladies

I was put on Vagifem for VA after suffering dampness following a uti which didn't let up ! Not sure if it was a bit of in continent.
Anyway 5 weeks into taking hair started shedding but prior to this about 8 weeks previous I started elleste solo patch but had to stop it after 7 weeks due to side effects so not sure if starting hrt triggered my hair to go into a shedding cycle and then 12/13 weeks later it then shed or if the Vagifem triggered it so I swapped the Vagifem for Ovestin and then started Estrogel but my hair was still shedding loads I had my estrogen levels tested and were 195 and then 3 months later dropped to 104 on 2 pumps gel I tried to increase to 3 pumps but couldn't take it I suffered constipation foggy head fatigue on Estrogel n felt crap but it helped VA! I'm now on Estradot patch but it's not helping VA symptoms even with Ovestin and my hair is shedding more , I'm so fed up right now it can't be low estrogen as I had hysterectomy and ovaries removed 5 hrs ago and only started hrt a year ago and suffered no hair loss prior to hrt !
Dermatology think TE and triggered by hormone imbalance my gynecologist thinks hormone imbalance we need all 3 hormones regardless of hysterectomy as that's what our ovaries made !
I'm seriously thinking about combined pill as I'm only 40 and never had this much hassle on the pill nor hair loss I mean yes might be worse but I have to try as bio identical hormones are not suiting me

Tracey E

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2019, 12:19:33 PM »

Hi Sammie, if your doctors ok with you taking the contraceptive pill then why not? :) I was on the pill untill the age of 50 and loved it. Estrodrial in what ever format you take it can cause hair loss,  just like imbalances in your hormones can. Sometimes it's really difficult to get the hormone ratio right especially  if you're extremely sensitive to the product in the first place. And adding to the mix, the constant recommendations of  'upping your gel doses'. Which, I'm sure with me had the negative effect of upping my intolerance to the Estrodrial. Good luck Sammie with what ever you decide to do. X
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 05:11:27 PM by Tracey E »

Sammiejane

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2019, 12:00:43 AM »

Hi Tracey e

I just remember being on the pill all through my 20s till I had my boy at 3/ then was fitted with coil and having no issues and for me it's hormonal the hairloss cause all bloods test are fine !

Ive swapped to estradot patch 75 and my boobs are so sore and my breasts just keep growing my nipples are hard and the areolars are hard and lumpy I mentioned it to the doctor and she said will be hormones but when I google it it says it's to much hormone x

Tracey E

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2019, 06:52:09 AM »

How long have you been on the 75 patch because I had breast sensitivity for the first month then it seemed to settle down therafter.  x

Sammiejane

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2019, 05:22:32 PM »

Hi Tracey e

I have only been on it a week . But my boobs are unbearable and my hair is still shedding I went doctors yesterday and she advised me to try the estrogel again at 2.5 pumps and add in progesterone ! This should balance some of estrogen effects, I did say though that if it dosent then I would like to try the combined pill I know I'm at a higher risk for blot clots and dvt as I'm 40 and I smoke but u have these risks with hrt so u can't win. !

One question I did have though was can I still have testosterone if needed as well as combined pill ?

NuclearScientist

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2019, 06:40:12 PM »

I also think you would be better with the combined pill. You are only young. I took it to age 52 from age 28. It may take a while to find the right pill but I never had the side effects like I had on HRT. Good luck.

Sammiejane

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2019, 12:56:27 PM »

Thank u guys for your comments

I'm at doctors next week so shall see I have took progesterone last night with 2 pumps of gel but already wearing for Britain and the gel I do believe triggers my hair loss because I get irritated behind my ears on the hair line which happens when hair is lost

But I will ask about the pill again ! Cause hrt I'm having nightmare certainly estrogen on its own
Pages: 1 [2]