Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Don't panic!  (Read 801 times)

Padine

Don't panic!
« on: July 12, 2019, 09:35:43 PM »

Thought I'd just share what happened to me in the chemist today. 2 weeks ago I put in my prescription for HRT (Indivina, something Duet, sorry can't remember the name). I'm still waiting after  visit no.5 and today they told me they couldn't get it, would need to speak to GP for an alternative. Well, I thought, blasted Brexit is stopping this med, panic,panic,panic!!) An hour later a lovely pharmacist phoned to say they can't get it for a few weeks but will give me the singles which I need to take 2 of every day. I mentioned my worry about it ever being available again and he said not to worry, the factory pharmacy is very fussy about the correct drugs in all hormone meds, even the wrong temperature at any stage will make it a useless batch and that means 10,000 pills will not go to pharmacies - this is all quite normal. He assured me when I need my next 3 months' worth, there should be no problem.
Not a very exciting message but I know there has been talk on this forum about Brexit affecting the availability of certain drugs, and thought to share this might help some lady worry less.
          Padine xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Don't panic!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 10:04:56 AM »

:thankyou:  I think the message is to put your request in early, maybe talking to the local Pharamacy to see what is being held up.  It may be that the NHS simply isn't paying the Manufacturers whereas in Europe, it's rarely a problem.  Nowt to do with Brexit, it's been happening for years.  If a cheaper brand appears on the market then that is handed over too.  I've had this with ADs and Propranlolo.  [can't spell this morning  :-\ ].