Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: troublesome skin..............again  (Read 3479 times)

Padine

troublesome skin..............again
« on: July 11, 2019, 05:01:03 PM »

Hi Ladies
   A while back I asked about skin care as mine had gone dry, itchy and so unlike my usual skin  :-\  someone suggested Nivea and Blue Orchid oil. Well, the blue orchid oil is fabulous  :thankyou: on my 1st full bottle after a wee sample - it's just perfect!
 Nivea has something in it which I'm allergic to but I moved to No 7 restore and renew range. Now I fancy something different as I have spots on my jawline - looking at Dermalogica or the mature range in Avon - any ladies tried either of those? Using up my Olay stuff right now and I'm desperate!!
                        Padine xx

jaypo

Re: troublesome skin..............again
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 06:12:17 PM »

Hi padine,my cleansing regime is a nightmare but I do it religiously twice a day. I cleanse with L'oreal For mature skin,then use a toner,then a serum then my moisturiser.im not too bothered with spots,cleansers and toners tend to get rid of any lingering grease which blocks pores that causes spots xx

Sparrow

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 06:40:23 PM »

E45 now do an extra rich 24 hour cream. Seems to do the trick on my shins.

Padine

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 07:16:37 PM »

Thanks, Shady, if my face was half the good condition my shins are in I'd be so happy!! Why is it everything is back to front now? My body skin has always been dry but face good - now everything but my face is presentable (and nobody gets to look at it  :veil:) even my hairy legs are not so hairy anymore  :sigh:
                       Padine xx

Sparrow

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 08:48:28 AM »

On my face I use L'Oreal, Age Perfect.  It's really for ageing skin but it's got a Rose tint in it that brightens the skin.  It's not greasy and does improve the tone, especially in winter.   I much prefer it to the very expensive Clinique that I used to buy.

Padine

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 09:48:16 PM »

Still swithering and watched Lulu on QVC with a set of her Time Bomb skin care and decided to go for that. Then I remembered that an SPF wasn't mentioned so I've emailed them to find out. I'm thinking of going with Simple as that range has increased recently and has an SPF! I'm not keen on using a jar rather than a tube, I'm such a fuss-pot  :vibe:but after having terrible skin as a teenager, my self-esteem couldn't handle a spotty face again and I must get rid of these pimple things on my jaw line (one on my forehead now and a few on my cheeks - eeekk!!
Lush are too perfumed and L'Oreal doesn't sink into my skin. I know in the great scheme of things I have nothing to worry about, just looking on the black, half-empty picture of things and it helps to share.
       Padine xx

Cacarosa

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 10:07:33 PM »

My mom uses Johnsons baby nappy cream on her face the blue one with panthenol as a night cream :)

Padine

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 10:11:59 PM »

Cacarosa, I don't think I've seen a blue Johnson's cream, are you in the UK?

Padine xx

Cacarosa

« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 10:17:40 PM by Cacarosa »

Foxylady

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2019, 07:18:12 AM »

I've had issues with my skin over the last 3 years, tried various lotions/potions some worked for short period others not at all. I had intense itch, dryness, random/unusual rashes & have had recurrent abscesses (diagnosed with Hidradenitis superativa - on long term antibiotics for this). The only thing I found which has consistently worked for me (using now for about 6 months & getting on prescription) is Dermol 500, using it as a wash/soap substitute. The itch is gone and the skin much improved, no more rashes.

Tc

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2019, 10:09:11 AM »

Hiya foxy. My skincare routine has gone missing lately. At least the "care" part has.

But I always used to exfoliate once a week. And it seemed to help my  dry skin.a lot.  I would put on a cream "mask" after and it seemed to absorb better after getting rid of the dead skin. I couldnt use an exfoliant with bits or granules in..too harsh  but I found a gatineau product called "gommage" which I loved..its a more gentle way to exfoliate.

Dermalogica. Every so often my skin would become "reactive" to everything. When it happened i would stop everything else and use their "calming system" for a month and it sorted it out realy well  but when I tried products from their other ranges I found them too harsh  for me  i bought my niece some products for oily skin and she reacted quite badly to it . In my opinion for anti ageing there are better products for the money.

Xxx

Foxylady

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2019, 12:05:36 PM »

My skin the best it's been for a long time, probably a combination of factors, I've lost 2 stone, my diet/lifestyle much improved since Jan also on HRT and take some supplements. As you skin you can spend a fortune on products and somtimes the cheaper ones suit your skin type better. Up until 3 yrs ago I never had any skin problems.

Tc

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2019, 12:23:20 PM »

Sorry foxy. I meant the comment for padine.
I see from your comments you've sorted your skin
I thought padine might like to know about gentle exfoliation.

Well done on the weightloss though foxy. What supplements do you take if you dont mind me asking.

Foxylady

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2019, 05:47:51 PM »

Thanks TC. Taking Magnesium citrate 300mg, Vitamin D3 5,000iu, Turmeric (high concentration tablet). Also taking flaxseed in the mornings with my yoghurt & fruit.

Tc

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2019, 08:19:55 PM »

Thanx foxy xx keep up the good work. I know how hard it is. Xx
Pages: [1] 2