Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Emotional wreck after Hystocopy investigation  (Read 1365 times)

Grandmafrancis62

Emotional wreck after Hystocopy investigation
« on: July 08, 2019, 06:33:43 PM »

Thank you for accepting me to the forum.

My menopause started apx 8 years ago, on and off sweats, along with the other cocktail of niceties that go with the menopause. Like everyone, Ive had a tough time! Suffering the beast and scared to take HRT which might help.

Prior to the menopause I had an endometrial eblation, which solved one issue but crippled me each month and at this time I was on the edge of a hysterectomy. So when the periods stopped I was super happy - be careful what you wish for!

So no periods for ages and I then started spotting. Within 2 weeks I was screened and under GA having a Hystoscopy. I am so relieved to have been given the all clear, nothing sinister was found and no need to go back to clinic. Since the op (Monday) its been a blur, and come Friday I lost my memory until the following day. I woke in blind panic not knowing what had happened to me; even scared my other half.

I have been clear no HRT , Ive told all professionals. Upon discharge form hospital I have been given Olvestin for two weeks and then twice weekly. I was really upset it was HRT but started to use it as the Dr said it was to help heal the operation, along with helping dryness and thiness of the womb. I don't blame the Dr in the slightest, she was doing what is in my interest.

Today I visited the GP, floods of tears - all he said is 'how are you'. My goodness I am not in control of myself. Dr thinks its the GA that caused my current mood and is going to monitor, I have a review next week.

Ive battled and so far conquered the menopause, not a saint but scared of the side effects of HRT. Should I give in and take HRT if the mood subsides? Should I continue to Olvestin? I feel the lowest ever and scared how I am going to come out of this.

So where do I go now? I feel I have gone backwards in regards to menopause symptoms of mood swings, being a blub, not being in control.

I am going to continue reading other posts on this site to see how everyone is managing.

Dotty

Re: Emotional wreck after Hystocopy investigation
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 07:02:56 PM »

Don't be scared of the side effects. I use HRT and have no side effects at all x

Grandmafrancis62

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 04:49:09 PM »

I think I am just feeling emotional with all that has gone on so quickly. Coupled with memory loss it all became overwhelming. I think I just unravelled.

I have never wanted HRT due to increase risk of cancer. I have watched so many of my family become victim to C and do not think I should increase my chance if I can help it. I know I'm probably sounding irrational, but its taken all of my dads side of the family.

Im fairly fit, eat pretty well, do like a glass of prosecco but not all of the time. I cannot remember the last time I slept well, my body clock is not in sync. The sweats are back with a vengence.

I first started sweats at 38 (Im now 56) odd things in between but Dr said it was not the menopause. It seems like some of my symptoms have been going on forever and a day. I need to make a decision by Monday whether to continue on Ovestin or stop; that's two weeks post op.

I will, Im feeling stronger today, less tearful and more aware. Still feel dizzy, but that could be anything. I am not used to being in control, this is 100% out of my comfort zone.

I would love to spend more time exercising, never seem to have enough time, but think I need to make some.

Thank you both, I will try some of the suggestions and keep in mind the positives of HRT

NorthArm

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 09:05:56 PM »

Hi Grandmafrancis62

Your gp is probably right, it could be after effects of the GA. I had mine done on a Wednesday, and on the Saturday had to co present at a conference, but couldn't cope and had to go home early and leave my colleagues to it - I was in absolute floods. Was terrible.

Be kind to yourself, a nice cup of tea, let your OH nurture you a little. And continue using the Ovestin - after a two week initial daily use, you'd usually drop back down to 2-3 times a week, and it will really help with the dryness, etc. I know they call it hrt, but so very little is absorbed into your system that it won't make a difference to you overall in the way conventional hrt might. But it will help your bits.

Good luck with it all xx